Will this dream come true?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not so sure about that anymore.

I have bad news... and good news.

Let's take the bad first. The two spikes in the middle have dried out. One completly. Nothing more than 3 brown dead buds. The other one with two brown buds but perkaps one that will make it. I have given it enough water, so I'm not sure why... och well...

Now for the good news. Thw two remaining spikes looks like they will give 4 flowers each...AND.. most important of all... the first bud has started to open up, and it is without a doubt a pure roth... Yes, yes, yes!

roth2012d.jpg

If this is not a roth, I am Captain Haddock :)

roth2012e.jpg

It's a beauty! It probably sucks compared to the best clones but I know I have seen worse ones than this too. I'm a happy roth grower right now :)

Whooooohooooo! Beautiful!!! You're right - it is a beautiful representative of the species, and so what if it is not one of the best, modern line-bred ones!!! :)

Its nice. I actually would like at least one of these skinny (slim) looking roths in my collection to be honest. And one chubby one.

I am happy for you that it indeed turned out as a roth.

Congrats. It is a lovely dark coloured clone. It has a different look about it as well. The petals look relatively long compared to the rest of the flower. What is there length?

Ayreon, congratulations on bring it it to bloom! It's the most unusual roth blooms I've ever seen. They look nothing like the massive line breed plants of the Asian and American breeding. I'm inexperience when it comes to exposure of wild plants. I have seen a few that some like to call "old school" breeding but still, none with the color pattern and the amount of veining in the dorsal nor have I seen the very interesting spotting pattern your plant displays in the petals.
I would really like to hear from Xavier on his experience with wild plant compared to your beauty.

Jean - The 73 was excellent :) Wish I would have bought a few more bottles when I had the chance.

David - The flowers are 22-24 cm.

Latest posts

Back