Will this dream come true?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Roth for explaining that. No I've never bloomed a roth and I wasn't joking and I don't understand why someone would think I was. I said "forgive my naivete" because I was asking the question seriously. I swear people on hear purposely say stuff just to start crap.

AWESOME! :clap: Please keep us updated on their progress.

Thanks Roth for explaining that. No I've never bloomed a roth and I wasn't joking and I don't understand why someone would think I was. I said "forgive my naivete" because I was asking the question seriously. I swear people on hear purposely say stuff just to start crap.

No, John said what he said because he's a really, really nice guy and not just to start crap. :) Perhaps your original question sounded perfectly like deadpan humor to him as it did to me. :wink: We are many people here from all walks of life and from all around the world. Misunderstandings happen.

Last edited:
cross my fingers for you.
For me it would be Deolgoldi and some crosses of roths which never bloomed for me.

I second that Lanmark!

Ayreon those surely are roth buds/spike coming up. All that I've bloomed have looked the same as yours. I see 4 for sure are the two old growths have buds too?

wow, a multi-explosion! congrats.

I actually have a roth, inherited from clark; maybe years from now when I can't get it to flower i'll remember this and give it a chill (d'oh, just remembered a 'stupid orchid tricks' moment that i'll have to post) :(

I see 4 for sure are the two old growths have buds too?

Not anymore, that's what I explained before... Kind of multiple bracts, like on that kolopakingii

img1672jv.jpg

I remember your picture of the multiple bracks on your kolo Xavier. They're bracts but there could be buds coming up too.

I bought the plant about 7 years ago. At that time it was a single growth with a leaf span of about 30 cm.

I can see the start of 6 spikes, but the oldest growths looks very weak and I doubt they will make it. On the other hand... 4 spikes is not that bad either :)

No, I don't know the parents. It was one of my first multis. Got it long before I cared about parents :)

That is going to be some first flowering. Can't wait to see the finished product.

The only problem is it would appear that it will be difficult to flower in future, but you can use that to your advantage. Build it up again then give it the cold treatment. You can continue to have these mass flowerings which will be just amazing.

This plant has got my energy stirring! What a show you will have - I too look forward to the pictures.
Did I miss your response on how much of a chill the plant got and for how long?

Latest posts

Back