What's fer dinner?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making a salad with baby green, pears, goat cheese, and caramelized chopped walnuts before the main dish.... Orecchietta with a white wine sauce, sausage, tomato, baby broccoli, and a small amount of chicken stock. Finishing with your choose of christmas cookies.

I wanted seafood....my wife wanted beef stew. We all know who won. My stew included chanterelles, porcinis, and loads of parsnips in addition to the usual potatoes, carrots, onions, barley, beef stock, and lots of red wine. Also sauteed small brussel's sprouts and parsnips in olive oil with pine nuts and garlic, moistened with chicken broth. I'll get my seafood tomorrow.....................

Eric, did you get your seafood wish fulfilled?

Today, I am treating myself (lunch and dinner) to steamed mussels, ginger, scallions and red chili's mixed in to rice noodles with a black bean sauce!!!
zyvusy4u.jpg

Maybe we should all plan in having a seafood night together?!!!

LOL!!! That sounds amazing!!!!!

I made a lemon basil sorbet for desert tonight! I can't wait!!!!

Four BLT's and fries.
I'll admit, the T's are crappy this time of the year around here.

Certainly did. Last week, I made stewed octopus in tomato sauce over fetucchine. I liked it, my wife thought it was too "tomatoey". Tonight it was gigundo shrimp, stuffed with crabmeat. We had a package of bacon, as a gift from my oldest son. My wife and daughter won't eat pork, but my youngest was begging for a bacon wrapped anything. So I took 2 of the stuffed shrimp and wrapped them in bacon, while I added some bacon pieces to a 3rd. Also made a mini- NE clam chowder using the bacon, leeks, potatoes, milk and cream. Mashed parsnips for veggies, washed down with an Oregon Pinot gris. Tomorrow we'll be snowbound, so I got all the ingredients to make my heart stopping (literally....) white lasagna!

Too much food for me right now! I'm presently in NY with the wife visiting my mom and sis. I'm going crazy eating everything I can't get in Japan. Highlights so far include cannoli from a local Italian bakery, a hot pastrami sandwich at the 2nd Ave Deli on East 33rd, and a lovely standing rib roast for Christmas dinner. In Japan I live healthy, but in America I am the meat-cheese-chocolate monster that ate NY :rollhappy:

'better head up to binghamton for some hot chicken wings and spiedies, and then to utica for some greens and chicken riggies :) then maybe some spanikopita and baklava, and the some pierogies and pigs-in-a-blanket (I love ny state ethnic food) oh, don't forget some pickled or creamed herring!

(oh, man, now I have to eat again)

'better head up to binghamton for some hot chicken wings and spiedies, and then to utica for some greens and chicken riggies :) then maybe some spanikopita and baklava, and the some pierogies and pigs-in-a-blanket (I love ny state ethnic food) oh, don't forget some pickled or creamed herring!

(oh, man, now I have to eat again)

There always is too much food and way too little time for such endeavors! We got some decent baklava in the city and I always track down creamed herring when I come to the states.

How long will you be in NYC? If you have more time, let the Erics know!

Yes let us know if you want to meet up. If you're around I can get some greek pastries from Astoria for you on Monday!

Alas, we're not likely to make a trip back into the city this trip. I'm amazed at how compressed time becomes when traveling... busy, busy, busy keeping
mom and sis happy - not to mention my wife.

Thanks for the invite Eric, greek pastries from Astoria are infamous and I've never had any! They used to have some nice ones in Tarpon Springs, Florida at that greek community, but I don't know anymore, it has been years. I'd love to see your collection of kids one day too.

it is already 19:47, but some minutes ago Sofia made some "daigaku imo", which are something like caramelated sweetpotatos...! We had the orange variety ones... Oh, it was divine...! More of snack rather than dinner...!

recipie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7ParA5-qrc (voices are weird, but food is delicious...hehehe)

At my youngest son's urging, since I had a gift of pancetta in the house, I made fetucchine carbonara. The simplest way possible...just garlic and pancetta, mixed into the pasta with egg, parmesan, and parlsey. It was great!

salmon from friend poached with milk, white wine, butter and lemon pepper; white and brown rice with more lemon pepper, minced onion, butter olive oil chicken stock, garlic and rice wine vinegar; fresh broccoli sauteed in sesame/veg/olive oil and butter; later finished off with a strawberry/blueberry/banana/mango/wheat germ/soy flour/yogurt/milk smoothie (that smoothie was so thick you could have turned the container upside down and it wouldn't drop out)

the salmon came from a friend who fished the salmon river this fall during their spawning run, and the blueberries and some of the strawberries came from his family's produce farm (u-pick)

Latest posts

Back