What's fer dinner?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thai red curry with shrimp, beechdrop mushrooms, and homegrown red long beans...heated by a homegrown jolokia...along with cucumber salad with a lime/peanut dressing.

Lobster pasta! The best way to use those cheap summer lobsters, which taste great but are growing fast and not meaty enough to just eat steamed. Got 2 lobsters (the mid priced ones at $4.99/lb...I just love Asian markets), and steamed them until the meat was just barely cooked, mostly raw. Pulled out the meat and simmered the legs for stock. Saved what little roe and green stuff I could- I always choose female lobsters. Sauteed garlic, shallots (homegrown), grape tomatoes and beechdrop mushrooms. Added the lobster stock and some white wine, and scraped the kernels from 2 ears of raw corn into it. When ready, I poured in some cream. When it reached a simmer, I added the lobster meat...a minute later, torn purple basil (homegrown). Ate it over tagliatelle, with steamed broccoli and a nice bottle of viognier. Mmmmmmmm!

'Mmmmmm' - I'll say! I was watching 'lidia from Italy' last night and they were all about cooking different shrimp. My dinner was microwave popcorn, so I was envious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We have a 'masterchef' style establishment around the corner from us. I have a booking for myself and 8 friends for tonight for a cooking competition. Eric, your recipe has given me an idea if the theme goes the pasta route. These evenings are always a lot of fun, lot of food and a lot of wine. The day after is always a bit tough to get through!

Well, some more of that fine South African wine should make you feel far better!

Eric M.
Since it is obvious that you are also a connoisseur of HOT peppers; have you had Lemon Aji's from Peru? They have an excellent citrus note and are pretty damn hot. Not Bhut Jolakia hot, but still up there.

If you have not, and would like to. I could probably send you some pulverized powder of them. It is excellent for soups, ect. It is done by some local organic growers at the Farmer's Market.

I believe I have had those peppers...maybe not pure Aji's, but one year I got a bunch of peppers that were obviously not what they were labelled...most were mongrels, but one produced peppers that were just like the Aji's, based on what I've read about them. Very tasty, hot but not unbearably so. Among the peppers I grow are the simple Asian chilis...the small long ones, about 2-3" long. Every year I plant seeds from my previous crop, so I sometimes get mongrels. One this year is clearly a cross between the regular Asian chili and a super hot one, probably jolokia. Another plant seems to be producing what maybe a cross between the hot pepper and a sweet pepper....will be interesting to see what turns out.

a vegetable tian (a la martha stewart cooking show), including zucchini, summer squash, eggplant, kohlrabi, green beans, red onion, yellow onion, tomatoes, garlic, celery thyme marjoram black pepper red pepper smoked paprika powder mrs. dog's spicy seasoning sea salt and olive oil

soon to be joined with 5-grain brown rice, quinoa, kohlrabi and k. greens; carrots celery, dried green chile, red chile, dried out button mushrooms, organic hulled pumpkin seeds, garlic, a tomato, chicken stock, rice vinegar, bay leaves sea salt dried onion olive oil and recaito cilantro seasoning

topped off with a smoothie/milkshake with vanilla yogurt, frozen oranges, strawberries, fresh blueberries, frozen banana, organic raw coconut butter, raw organic cacao nibs, vanilla ice cream (and some leftover oatmeal containing some banana and blueberry)

Sizzling Hamburger Steak at Dot's restaurant. Ground sirloin burger grilled and placed on a red hot cast iron platter, covered with sweet onion and gravy. They put a sheet of wax paper on top and bring it out to the table sizzling (hence the name). Served with rice or mashed spuds. I think I'll have with rice and a side of potato macaroni salad. Then comes the Polynesian paralysis...

Home-made green chile cheeseburgers, (homemade green chile sauce with new mexico med. green chiles) potato salad, strawberry raspberry rhubarb pie with vanilla ice cream and citrus margaritas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Pan seared swordfish, with a sauce made from shallots, chanterelles, capers, and white wine. Served with lacinato kale straight from the garden and the last of the garden tomatoes and cucumber.

Latest posts

Back