What's fer dinner?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyushuCalanthe

Just call me Tom
Reaction score
Kyushu, Japan; warm temperate/subtropical climate
I made some gumbo for dinner tonight. Here it is just before cooking, don't it look purty!

Gumbo.jpg

What you all cookin'?

Hello Tom.
Q: On the lower portion of the kettle, about two vegetables up, is that fish or reptile, the white piece with the diagonal lines?
I'm hungry now!
Thanks. Clark

Hello Tom.
Q: On the lower portion of the kettle, about two vegetables up, is that fish or reptile, the white piece with the diagonal lines?
I'm hungry now!
Thanks. Clark

Nope, not a reptile, it is just squid!

Eric, lots of reductions? Hell, no, just throw it in the pot and go....I use a very simple method and it comes out pretty damn good.

Grilled burgers on bakery onion rolls, potato salad.
And beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
A grilled marbled NY strip with asparagus and a romaine based salad... no A-1, just the fabulous flavor of a grilled angus.

Ha! This thread is still alive. Let's see, today it is going to be BBQ - my girlfriend just adores BBQ American style (well, almost). Anything will do, but she favors pork spare ribs, followed closely by rib eye steaks, and then good old hamburgers, plus any of these served with potato salad or french fries. So, I don't know which it will be today, but once she makes the decision, that is what I'll make. To her such BBQ is exotic!

Ha! This thread is still alive. Let's see, today it is going to be BBQ - my girlfriend just adores BBQ American style (well, almost). Anything will do, but she favors pork spare ribs, followed closely by rib eye steaks, and then good old hamburgers, plus any of these served with potato salad or french fries. So, I don't know which it will be today, but once she makes the decision, that is what I'll make. To her such BBQ is exotic!

:rollhappy: You can't go wrong with BBQ! Especially ribs! Yum!

Made my white lasagna, using finely hand chopped veal stew meat and chanterelles....side dish was sauteed lacinato kale, leeks, and tromboncino squash (all home grown) along with butternut squash and chanterelles.

Latest posts

Back