What's fer dinner?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good dinner tonight. On Sunday, at my local farmer's market, I picked up a ribeye (100% grass fed), and the lady gave me a free bag of rabbit liver, heart and kidneys (to help keep my blood cells up). So tonight, I seared the steak in a little ghee, sauteed the rabbit innards with salsify, chanterelles, garlic, and shallots with a dash of cream. Served it with kasha cooked with salsify, dried mushrooms, and onion...oh...oven roasted cauliflower too.

Baked penne pasta with venison sweet sausage, ground beef, Savoy cabbage, onion, home-canned whole tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, crushed red pepper, tomato paste and some store spaghetti sauce (sautéed in olive oil) plus a few other spices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually this was pennie's ;) not riggies

I was just up to Utica/upstate quickly Tuesday and didn't even have time to get any riggies :( or any saranac. I did pick up a few other odds and ends plus the deer from the butcher and visit a few friends and family

Pan seared venison (from the store, not wild), in a sauce of red wine, dry porcini's and their broth, shallots, and garlic served with mashed purple potatoes mixed with parsnip...touch of truffle butter added to both.

Yesterday: Frozen yoghurt, some bread sticks and green tea... I'm sick and don't have much of an appetite, plus I have a sore throat (most importantly though; I hate cooking). :p

Last night only cocoa mini wafer squares and dried out homemade baked beans. The beans were fine earlier but left them and fell asleep

I have a freezer full of wild venison; where does one buy it? Thought wasn't legal to sell

Only farmed venison is legal. Most comes from New Zealand. I've asked at my local farmer's market, from the vendor who sells bison and grass fed beef. She says they won't raise venison because they are afraid of chronic wasting diseases brought in by wild deer who would come in contact with the herd.
Meanwhile, tonight was a seafood stew...octopus, squid, and shrimp cooked in a tomato sauce with red wine, shrimp broth from the heads, fennel, both fresh and seeds, onions, garlic, celery, and of course some brief contact with one of my Trinidad Moruga chili's. Very brief...and it was still quite spicy. Loved it!

Last night had crab cakes, hush puppies and crab soup at the happy clam in Fredericksburg va.
I was reminded that its been so long that I'd had crab cakes that wasn't sure if they were good or bad (meaning authentic or fresh, everything was okay)

Egg salad.

eggsblue.jpg

Anyone looking for a job as a private cook? I have a job opening. I hate
to cook, but I don't mind cleaning up after a really good cook. Husband
doesn't particularly like cooking either, so one meal a day, a private apt.,
and salary. PLEASE!

Latest posts

Back