Starting over...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I helped John with his sales table at the RBG show yesterday. The show has gotten a bit smaller but it's still very nice. I picked up a couple new ones, plus John gifted me a beautiful MK for helping him. Thanks John!

Paph Michael Koopowitz (sanderianum 'Deep Pockets' x roebelinii 'Grace' AM/AOS)
Paph godefroyae....BS
Paph wardii...NBS
Paph delenatii alba...NBS
Paph helenae....multigrowth, BS
Paph philipinnense....BS
Paph parishii......NBS
Paph rothschildianum ('Gigantic' FCC/AOS x 'Canadian Club' G/JOGA)....SS
Paph randsii x self....MS
Paph (Impulse x Ruby Leopard) 'Pink Doll' x Hsinying Glory 'HOF'...BS
Paph Hung Sheng Eagle.....NBS
Paph Chi Hua Dancer.....BS
Paph kolopakingii 'Gregory'....div
Paph stonei 'The Best' x 'New Dimension'....LS
Paph Sander's Pride (stonei 'Wesley' x sanderianum 'Twister')...BS
Paph roth x sib ('Excelsior' FCC/AOS x 'Red Glory' FCC/AOS)...NBS
Paph supardii x sib ('Twister' x 'Wild Dance')...BS
Paph Johanna Burkhardt (adductum 'Wesley' x roth 'Mont Milais' FCC/AOS, FCC/RHS)...NBS
Paph glanduliferum v gardneri x sib (Black & Shine' x 'Dark Chocolate')...BS
Paph Johanana Burkhardt 'Charlie'...BS
Paph Spiderman.....BS
Paph supardii....VERY large seedling
Paph randsii....NBS/BS
Paph Michael Koopowitz....division
....from John. :D

Very nice collection & pick up. You ae right about the supardii lol.. I have a david ott it's passing up my kolo

Some cracking plants you have there Wendy. Hope the spring weather,if it ever comes, will show a lot of growth in your massive stock.

Ed

An updated photo of my growing area. I've gotten rid of a few non-Paphs recently so most of the bottom shelf is open for more. :clap: I'm taking my time though....want to be very fussy and only get what I really want.

Here is a photo of both randsii. Both are in a 4" pot and both are working on new growth. The bigger one looks like it may be thinking of putting up a sheath. The base of the growth has fattened up considerably lately.

Those randsii look really good. I hope one does put up a sheath for you.

I am out of space as far as my tiny grow area goes. I have one more left on my short list. That one might be on my short list for a while. I probably should update my inventory.

Wow, you've put on a lot of great new foliage since you got them! They're quickly outgrowing those old, damaged leaves. Excellent job of bringing them back into great health!

Looks great Wendy !!! Will there be a grow room in your future or do you have will power now and will keep your collection to that shelf :poke:

Nope....no grow room. We do have space to make one in the basement but I have no desire to have such a large collection now. Add to that the OUTRAGEOUS cost of electricity in Ontario.....no way are we paying that over and above our current ridiculous bill.

Glad to see you are getting back into things Wendy :) You were a big inspiration to me when I first started growing!
I hear you on the electricity costs! I have my collection growing under t8's and I think I am going to have to switch to off-peak lighting at the very least.

How much light are the multis getting? I grow mine back from the window and in the summer the sun is too high it doesn't come in, which makes me wonder if I should supplement the lighting.

Our front window is 12' wide, floor to ceiling. It's south facing so I have the plants about 4' back from the window. We also have a large overhang on our eaves (bungalow) so they don't get any direct sun during high summer, but it is still very bright. During spring, fall and winter they get a few (4-6) hours of direct sun as it's so low in the sky. So far everything blooms just fine and no need to supplement. I could always push the tables closer to the windows if needed but so far, so good.

Thanks, Wendy! That was super helpful. I get really bright light, just not much direct light during the summer. It's wonderful getting to see other grow areas.

Latest posts

Back