Starting over...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's always room for more orchids! :)

Oh yes there is....I got a few of those clear under-the-bed storage boxes. It's amazing how many fit in there. Even the big strap leaf Paphs are easy to fit in with the way the leaves grow. I have two boxes under the table that are only half filled. The key here is to be very selective over what I buy to fill them. :evil:

If I can figure out this damn photo uploading problem I'll post photos to show how I've 'made room' for more. :clap:

Wendy, you're expanding! When will you ever have time
to play golf?????? Two addictions are hard to manage, gal.

It's easy when I don't have 300+/- plants to care for. :clap:

I see a sheath on my Paph supardii....will finally have flower photos to post in a couple months if all goes well.

I need to take a better photo but here is a new one of my 'growing area'.

Attachments

• DSCF3462.JPG
    DSCF3462.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 49
Gorgous wood floor!!!

Yes we've been busy. Tore up the icky old white carpet and put down this brand new floor, painted the entire room (18' x 24' living room) and installed new baseboard and 1/4 round. Steve is just finishing up the fireplace wall....new shelves either side of the newly refaced (huge porcelain tiles over crappy painted brick) fireplace and a giant solid elm mantelpiece that is stained to match the floor. Takes a while when doing it ourselves but it's almost done. Notice the new shelving that my plants sit on...way more room for more. :evil:

It's fun doing renos on our home and making it our own. :clap:

Yes we've been busy. Tore up the icky old white carpet and put down this brand new floor, painted the entire room (18' x 24' living room) and installed new baseboard and 1/4 round. Steve is just finishing up the fireplace wall....new shelves either side of the newly refaced (huge porcelain tiles over crappy painted brick) fireplace and a giant solid elm mantelpiece that is stained to match the floor. Takes a while when doing it ourselves but it's almost done. Notice the new shelving that my plants sit on...way more room for more. :evil:

It's fun doing renos on our home and making it our own. :clap:

Yes, I noticed your new shelves. They blend in well. When you and Steve are all done, come to my place.....it needs a LOT of reno work! :rollhappy:

Hey Gregory! Dot, I've "known" Gregory since he was a tiny kitten being carried around in a pouch by Wendy. He's a very fine pussycat and has grown to be a gorgeous feline.

Wendy, I see you've solved the drip problem quite well
with your collection. You're a creative thinker.

Thank you. :) Yep no drips Angela. Not worth risking that floor. And it has to look nice...we live here too.

A better photo....plus the sheath on my Paph supardii. :clap:

Attachments

• DSCF3003.JPG
    DSCF3003.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF3023.JPG
    DSCF3023.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 24
From what little I can see, both of you have improved
the house enormously. The set up looks really good.
We've got new flooring and four dogs. I've given up
on shiny floors. Not to bring up a sadness, but I still
miss seeing photos of Felix sometimes.

Yeah Angela, Felix was a good pup! I miss seeing him when I go to visit Wendy. Of course, Murray, my favourite cat, makes up for my missing Felix just by being in the same room. Murray is such a good looking feline! His markings are spectacular and his coat shines so bright!

I haven't seen photos of Murray for quite a long time. He's
the big black/gray tabby, right? Cats generally don't have
that full tilt boogie that Felix could turn on. That's probably
a blessing...cats can reach anything anywhere.

Latest posts

Back