Starting over...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great! Thanks for the info guys. I might use my bathroom with large corner window for growing up multies when they don't fit tanks.

Uh-oh.......

Paph Michael Koopowitz (sanderianum 'Deep Pockets' x roebelinii 'Grace' AM/AOS)
Paph glanduliferum v praestans....BS
Paph godefroyae....BS
Paph wardii...NBS
Paph delenatii alba...NBS
Paph sangii...large seeding
Paph sangii x sib....MS
Paph philipinnense....BS
Paph parishii......NBS
Paph rothschildianum ('Gigantic' FCC/AOS x 'Canadian Club' G/JOGA)....SS
Paph randsii x self....MS
Paph hookerae x sib ('Titanic' x 'Purple Wing')...MS
Paph (Impulse x Ruby Leopard) 'Pink Doll' x Hsinying Glory 'HOF'...BS
Paph Hung Sheng Eagle.....NBS
Paph Chi Hua Dancer.....BS
Paph kolopakingii 'Gregory'....div
Paph stonei 'The Best' x 'New Dimension'....LS
Paph Sander's Pride (stonei 'Wesley' x sanderianum 'Twister')...BS

Plus.....
Paph roth x sib ('Excelsior' FCC/AOS x 'Red Glory' FCC/AOS)...NBS
Paph supardii x sib ('Twister' x 'Wild Dance')...BS
Paph Johanna Burkhardt (adductum 'Wesley' x roth 'Mont Milais' FCC/AOS, FCC/RHS)...NBS
Paph glanduliferum v gardneri x sib (Black & Shine' x 'Dark Chocolate')...BS

Good thing Sam is not back here until next spring. :eek:

Last edited:
Paph glanduliferum v praestans....BS
Paph godefroyae....BS
Paph wardii...NBS
Paph sangii x sib....MS
Paph philipinnense....BS
Paph parishii......NBS
Paph Johanna Burkhardt (adductum 'Wesley' x roth 'Mont Milais' FCC/AOS, FCC/RHS)...NBS

....Paph Johanna Burkhardt 'Charlie'
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38635

Now that's it until spring. Orchid account took a beating and it's dry. :eek:

Last edited:
I've transferred most of my plants into three shallow Rubbermaid containers. Much more manageable now and it looks better. I'll take photos soon. Enjoying my small, quality collection now. :D

Wendy, every time I click on this thread I get a little giggle. I love your determination to just keep a "small"
collection. The very first pic you posted of the new home and that window and I knew you'd change your mind. Hard habit to kick, eh?

Thanks. And yes I am happy with the size of my collection. Next year I plan on adding a gigantifolium and adductum/anitum but this is as big as it gets. I love that huge window but I don't want things to get unmanageable. That's how I got into trouble last time....it wasn't fun any more so I got rid of everything. This way it looks neat and tidy but I have enough quality plants to make me happy.

I've been trying to upload photos onto my laptop but ever since we upgraded to Windows 10 I can't figure it out. The laptop makes noise so I know it recognizes the camera hookup but it doesn't pop up an icon for me to actually transfer them to the laptop. Strange. I'll keep working on it. :confused:

Changed a little again......

Paph godefroyae....BS
Paph wardii...NBS
Paph helenae....multigrowth, BS
Paph philipinnense....BS
Paph parishii......NBS
Paph Johanana Burkhardt 'Charlie'...BS
Paph Spiderman.....BS

Thanks for the trade John! :D

I also bought a blooming Psychopsis Mariposa with several growths. Psychopsis have always fascinated me.

Last edited:
What happens after the gigantifolium and adductum/anitum is added next year :poke:

The huge family room window gets converted into a doorway leading into a nice, big, Florida room with places to sit and relax as well as plant shelves and room for hanging pots overhead! :rollhappy:

Looks good Wendy. What happens after the gigantifolium and adductum/anitum is added next year :poke:

Ya but I kept the Paph count the same....did a trade. And as far as the new purchase (Psychopsis) I gave away all my NoId Phals to my neighbours sister....so I actually have less plants now than a couple weeks ago. :D:p:D

Hey when are you getting a couple Paphs? :D:poke:

Hey when are you getting a couple Paphs? :D:poke:

I just ordered a 4 foot t5 housing setup that will cover the span of our living room window. The promise with the Maria is that it come down when guests are over. More likely than not a thianum is in the horizon. :evil:

If she doesn't want the t5 in the window then it's going under my desk and I loose leg room.

I have to say you have good taste in paphs, your multi collection sounds great!!! More light & humidifier addition next, then a somewhat closed off space to contain it & hang the lights.......etc. etc.... lol.. build a sun room addition to the house, thats what howard gunn did

I just ordered a 4 foot t5 housing setup that will cover the span of our living room window. The promise with the Maria is that it come down when guests are over. More likely than not a thianum is in the horizon. :evil:

If she doesn't want the t5 in the window then it's going under my desk and I loose leg room.

I can understand her concerns. We are the same in our home. Living rooms and large growing areas, lights etc don't mix nicely. It's great having a spouse who compromises like ours though. Steve doesn't mind as long as my setup is tastefully done. He even checks out the plants from time to time.

I have to say you have good taste in paphs, your multi collection sounds great!!! More light & humidifier addition next, then a somewhat closed off space to contain it & hang the lights.......etc. etc.... lol.. build a sun room addition to the house, thats what howard gunn did

The only thing I MAY add is a small humidifier. I already have an LED over them....in a HUGE south facing window they don't really need much more than natural light. And because it's in our living room there will be no enclosed space.
If you think these are nice Paphs then you should look up my old collection. It blows these away so far in what I used to have. Also look up my old grow area....wish I had that here but it will never happen. It was just too big and the hydro cost now would be astronomical! Before that room I grew in our windows.

Thank you though....I know exactly what you are talking about but have no desire to expand that much again. :)

Latest posts

Back