Who wants to be my friend?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirius

Plant Nerd
Reaction score
I have this on-again, off-again relationship with Facebook. I have cleaned out my friends list several times out of sheer annoyance. It seems that my problem is, I am easily annoyed by those closest to me. :) Now that I have deleted everyone I possibly can without angering close family and friends...I need someone cool to drown out the few who still annoy me with their never ending posts. Heather, Robin and Zach from the forum here keep me entertained just enough to not want to give it up permanently.

I love reading about orchids, interesting news articles and seeing pics of pets. What I don't like is reading political opinions, constant prayers and a never ending stream of gibberish like "Jujubeans loves, loves, LOVES that color on you Bluebear!" Sick.

So if you have a Facebook account, and you don't rail against the gubberment, send out hourly prayer requests and can resist the urge to sweet talk your lady or guy, please friend me. In return, I offer you near silence, except for the occasional snide comment about those pictures of you in your pajamas.

Here is a link to my page... http://www.facebook.com/JohnMcGarity

I have my first new friend...from Italy! I am cooler by association! My relatives are going to be amazed by my newly acquired international mystique. :rollhappy:

Facebook will probably get an IPO and go Public 2011/12, then we will all get charged a buck per account:rollhappy:

I get on my acct once every two or three months. It bores me. To me it's a big waste of time. the wife is on two, three or more times a day:crazy:

I have my first new friend...from Italy! I am cooler by association! My relatives are going to be amazed by my newly acquired international mystique. :rollhappy:

LOL!
This is all well and good John, but I woke up this morning only to be greeted with what Paula Deen did to you last night. Did I really need to hear that? Practice what you preach, dear. :poke:

I hate Facebook for the same reasons, John. One of my friends actually once posted "I'm refereeing a peewee hockey game right now"- well, that's great... PAY ATTENTION TO THE FREAKIN' GAME! I visit maybe monthly to see what's up with my nieces and nephews, and rarely post or write on walls or whatever they call it. So I think we'll be great friends there. :)

LOL!
This is all well and good John, but I woke up this morning only to be greeted with what Paula Deen did to you last night. Did I really need to hear that? Practice what you preach, dear. :poke:

I had a stomach ache from the two sticks of butter and all the cream cheese my brother used when he cooked my wife and I dinner last night. It's not like I was asking for prayers to heal my tummy ache. :)

Latest posts

Back