My Very First Blooming Roth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it isn’t the biggest or the best-and I am no photographer, but here it is!
In the orchid world, no matter what you have, there is always one that is bigger and better than yours, but this one is yours, you own it and you bloom it! Congrats!

Congratulations on flowering your first roth. Always an exciting occasion. We understand the addiction here. I have my 11th roth just opening up now. The excitement and anticipation never wanes. Just like a child waiting to open up the Christmas presents. It is such a slow buildup. :)

Are your other roth seedlings the same cross or did you get some different ones?

Congratulations on flowering your first roth. Always an exciting occasion. We understand the addiction here. I have my 11th roth just opening up now. The excitement and anticipation never wanes. Just like a child waiting to open up the Christmas presents. It is such a slow buildup. :)

Are your other roth seedlings the same cross or did you get some different ones?
Thank you! Yes, I really did feel that Christmas joy from my childhood again.
This particular plant I ordered from Ecuagenera to be delivered at the upcoming VOS show. It was the only one I could find that was old enough to bloom. The other three, all NBS, I ordered from Orchid Inn-just in time before they closed as it turned out.
The first picture are the three I ordered. The second picture is the bonus plant they sent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Those plants from Sam are really good breeding, so you would expect to see improved flowers. The roth I have opening at the moment is Black Eagle X Giant Wings and it looks very promising. I am also growing out a flask of your bonus plant, a cross Sam has high expectations from.

Those plants from Sam are really good breeding, so you would expect to see improved flowers. The roth I have opening at the moment is Black Eagle X Giant Wings and it looks very promising. I am also growing out a flask of your bonus plant, a cross Sam has high expectations from.
They sounded promising. They are still pretty young and I think it’s going to be a little while before I see any blooms. Please keep me posted on your Black Eagle X Giant Wings. I would love to see it! Interestingly, my little tiny bonus plant has been growing really well. Considering how small it was when it arrived, I think it’s going to be quite a large plant. I would also love to know how yours progresses.

They sounded promising. They are still pretty young and I think it’s going to be a little while before I see any blooms. Please keep me posted on your Black Eagle X Giant Wings. I would love to see it! Interestingly, my little tiny bonus plant has been growing really well. Considering how small it was when it arrived, I think it’s going to be quite a large plant. I would also love to know how yours progresses.

I will definitely be posting a photo of the flowering roth in future. So keep an eye out in a few weeks. That 'Humongous' x 'King Kong' cross does seem to be exceptionally vigorous.

People without a hobby, without a passion, are missing something in their lives.

Absolutely agree with this. I know a few people who could retire comfortably now, but they tell me they would have absolutely nothing to do. And it is incredible how many people I know who have retired, but then returned back to work shortly after as they were totally bored. How sad it must be that the only way you can fill in your days is to work. I, myself will retire in 61 days. I am still young, but I have something to retire to as I have many passions and interests that I will now have time to spend on.

I retired in January 2009 after working 37 years.
I traded my commuting time for hobby time. I have not regretted a single day! But “ workaholics” is what we call these people. My ex is one such person. She is 73 and retirement is pushed back three months, a year, 6 months. It is now been pushed back another year. 7 years of pushbacks!!
I don’t think she’ll ever retire. Personally I feel she is scared to death to not have something to do. I feel sorry for her, up to a point. I am gardening, growing orchids, bowling in two leagues, I am having a blast!!! She’ll retire and die shortly after is what awaits for her I think.
That is a shame really.

Absolutely agree with this. I know a few people who could retire comfortably now, but they tell me they would have absolutely nothing to do. And it is incredible how many people I know who have retired, but then returned back to work shortly after as they were totally bored. How sad it must be that the only way you can fill in your days is to work. I, myself will retire in 61 days. I am still young, but I have something to retire to as I have many passions and interests that I will now have time to spend on.
Congratulations!

Latest posts

Back