What's fer dinner?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No particular brand name on my capers...the brand changes from shipment to shipment at my market..but I only use salted capers....much more flavor (and at least a little texture) than the vinagered ones....

Sülze...ahhhh...hate it but one of my father's favorite dishes. I have never liked blood sausage but maybe I have never had a very good one.

hah! you haven't had the good one! the best are of course home made ones, but it is hard to get fresh blood nowerdays. perhaps from transilvania :D

the best sülze was made by my mom at home. I'm not sure that you want to know what should be in it, but i saw some of these items in the menu of fear factor :rollhappy:

today: my friend invited me for pancakes with blackcurrant jam.

grilled london broiled, long grain wild rice, green beans(ev olive oil, garlic, frying pan).

Yesterday we had pork chops and apple sauce (of course homemade), a lovely salad, and for dessert, these two eclairs. Yummy.

Eclairs.jpg

yikes! enough calories in those two eclairs for three days! i'm sure of course they were very good...

yesterday had pork spiedies on italian bread with pumpkin custard for dessert (a few times)

eric l., I found some capers that had salt on the list of ingredients but also had the vinegar. so far this is the only type I've found (in liquid with vinegar on the label). are the salted capers in a tin with no real liquid, or are the ones I got (salt and vinegar) okay? I figured that if not, I would just use a bunch more of the vinegared ones to make up for the possible lack of flavor

a bit of chinese style (I guess?): chicken in sweet and sour sauce and rice. peppermint tea with ginger. so relaxed!

Some eggplants stuffed with vegetables and topped with béchamel cream, spring rolls, omelate and a couple of pieces of leek pie!

Salted capers are simply that....capers in a jar covered by salt. Just rinse it off and toss the capers in your meal...much tastier than vinegared capers.
Meanwhile, tonight was cassoulet...no recipe, just sort of made it up...
roasted duck legs, then picked off the meat (ate the skin separately). Mixed the duck meat in with white cannelini beans, garlic, a parsnip, some collard greens, andouille sausage and a little salt. Baked it in the oven for an hour...mmm! Served it with roasted cauliflower and parsnips, kasha on the side.

I ate steamed rice and broccoli with cheese sauce. Oh, and I drank a glass of iced tea.

500 gr wild collected mushrooms (5 different species) sauté with little olive oil, salt and black pepper... some white rice (cooked with two cloves and one cardamom pod... yummy yummy yummy....

Iced White Tee with a rose bud (1/500 ml water) and a little hint of sugar (enhances the rose fragrance!)

just great :)

Are you able to collect yourself?(35 years ago we were able).

Yes Sir! we are able to collect them here.... (however, I must admit I normally go for the most profane option: I bought them at the street market :))

Espresso for now. I have too many irons in the fire to make a fully cohesive meal tonight, but I might find the time to make some sort of spaetzle dish this evening.

Latest posts

Back