What's fer dinner?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and some very eatable mushrooms taste like ... raw. after boiling them they are pretty eatable. if any of mushrooms are eatable at all - not my favorites. but I know people whe could spend every minute of autumn in forrest picking up mushrooms. even more than they can eat. can't understand them :p

today's very simple salad: boiled potetoes, tomatos, paprika, red onion, capers, black olives, oil and basil.

How the hell can you lot spend so much time discussing FOOD.............when you have so many beautiful paphs needing your time??

Just going out to shoot some pheasant.............did I really say that??

pheasant...yum...been too many years since I have had pheasant. They are not an numerous these last 10 years. I used to see ring-necks all the time but have only seen one in the past 5 years....turkeys galore this year though....KILL...did u infer KILL...

Ahhhh....rabbit! Cooked with chanterelles, parsnip, and shallots in a white wine sauce over strozzapretti (?) pasta, with roasted sweet potato, butternut squash, parsnip, and chanterelles on the side....
did I miss my dinner invite Eric? mmmmm..the nutty flavor of parsnips combined with rabbit...I think homemade egg noodle would have been a better choice though over strozzapreti which I prefer with pesto

Normally I use egg noodles (not homemade though...) but I wanted to try the strozzapretti for a change...next time I'm going back to the egg noodles...

I made a dashi-based soup with various fresh vegetables, shrimp, tofu and udon. Crab and tofu "fritters" with a broth and shoyu dipping sauce for starters. Sake for sure, but there will be some tea shortly.

Lisentopf...yum...but would prefer another wurst and not blutwurst...bauernwurst

can't imagine christmas without blutwurst! it goes with sour cream, cowberry jam and sauerkraut. and of course pork and meat in jelly with mustard. :rollhappy:

I made a dashi-based soup with various fresh vegetables, shrimp, tofu and udon. Crab and tofu "fritters" with a broth and shoyu dipping sauce for starters. Sake for sure, but there will be some tea shortly.

I think you're turning Japanese, I really think so!

Cool, this thread is still going. Sounds yummy!

can't imagine christmas without blutwurst! it goes with sour cream, cowberry jam and sauerkraut. and of course pork and meat in jelly with mustard. :rollhappy:
Sülze...ahhhh...hate it but one of my father's favorite dishes. I have never liked blood sausage but maybe I have never had a very good one.

Normally I use egg noodles (not homemade though...) but I wanted to try the strozzapretti for a change...next time I'm going back to the egg noodles...
Eric I have a Spätzle maker. I make the dough and put it in the hopper of the Spätzle maker, over a pot of boiling water. Run the hopper back and forth and voila...homemade egg noodles...they are a breeze to make and delicious! Let me know if you want the recipe

Eric I have a Spätzle maker. I make the dough and put it in the hopper of the Spätzle maker, over a pot of boiling water. Run the hopper back and forth and voila...homemade egg noodles...they are a breeze to make and delicious! Let me know if you want the recipe
Please post it. It would be interesting to compare with my Grandma's -- who used to cut the dough off a board into boiling water. I loved her spätzles, covered with butter and fried onions.

Sure...I'll go for it...I'm not much in the dough department...I'll leave that to my wife (she just made kreplach yesterday with leftover chicken, some added liver, onions, dill, and homemade noodle dough...) Myself, today I made picadillo with ground buffalo, onions, garlic, hot pepper, potato, in chicken broth seasoned with capers, green olives, and Spanish smoked paprika...at the end I added chopped green apple and cilantro........tasted good!) Take care, Eric

hey eric, I was going to ask what brand the capers are that you get (that are salted, not pickled). when I was last at the store I found some that were pickled but none salted. if I have a brand name I can search online and find stores that have it
thanks
charles

I think you're turning Japanese, I really think so!

Cool, this thread is still going. Sounds yummy!

Heh, heh... I got it. If I were to turn anything though, it'd be Chinese...I make more Chinese food than any other cuisine and my mom lived in Hong Kong for a long time before she had me...we won't even talk about how I feel about Chinese slipper orchids because there are no words to describe my response.

Knackwurst and potato pancakes this evening though--more in keeping with my biological heritage!

tortellini w/chicken based filling, alfredo sauce, garlic bread, and over the head garden greens. :D

Sülze...ahhhh...hate it but one of my father's favorite dishes. I have never liked blood sausage but maybe I have never had a very good one.

Lipelgas is 'talking' about some of my favs. too :D!!! Esp. the Blutwurst: only problem are the family members (comments) when I start eating it :):)!! Jean

Just snacked yesterday - "breakfast" was apple sauce (on the lemony side), "lunch" was oden, a boiled dish of fish cakes, taro root, and deep fried tofu, and finally "dinner" was rosemary and broccoli focaccia bread with a salad. All homemade and locally grown or from my own garden.

Back