What's fer dinner?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apologies for not posting this Saturday.
I am not smart enough to do it from my phone.

https://www.royalgorgeroute.com/service-classes/dinner-train/

The couple we sat with were married for 52 yrs.
He was amazing and was like sitting with tour guide.
She showed teeth when she mention her grandfather was named Clark. Got a nice hug at end of nite.

I had the prime rib. Bunch of sample beers and some pints.

Date nite with the wife :)

Greek spiedie (and another chicken) sandwich from the spiedie and rib pit, chenango bridge ny
The spiedie fest is this weekend but didn't know until a few hours ago. Would have gone there but parking shuttle (mandatory) was $5, 8$ or so to get in ...... These two sandwiches less than $10
Mmmmmmmm
249d24446c8dd8bf21fb9f52ae1f9b40.jpg

Greek spiedie sandwich

(It was awesome!)
:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh man that spiedie pic is making me hungry and that store is 3 hours north!

Last Saturday I went with Mexican coworker to Bridgeton and we had manudo. He'd told me about it a few times and told me it was really good so I thought I'd finally try it. He told me it was various ingredients and incorporated with beef intestines somehow. I thought it might be like a stuffed sausage mex style, sliced or somethingorother... Instead it was a brown soup with spoon sized pieces of the 'meat', and you can add onions cilantro and jalapeño bits and eat in or with fresh hot tortilla wraps. I added too many peppers, and the meat was a bit slippery and well looked too much like what an intestine bit looks like (bleah). I ate half of the meat in the wraps but was too hot; took home and cut up pieces of seasoned tgiving dinner rolls into it, and finished while watching football
Glad I tried it, can say I finished a whole bowl ;)

Elmer Nj

On that side of the pond you don't half eat some ***** stuff. My plain dinner this evening was meat and potato pie ( with onions of course ) and a lovely suet crust on top. Will take a pic when I make another one. Buy the way we also eat this with pickled red cabbage and a dash of HP sauce.

Ed

Nothing as exotic as Charles, but…last night I made chicken enchiladas, guacamole and salsa fresca (some for me with cilantro and another batch for my wife with basil). Unfortunately I couldn't find any corn tortillas yesterday, so had to go with flour ones. Came out pretty good.

I only had all that because I was in CSA fruit veg thing this summer/fall and had soooo much stuff I had to roast/boil things and stuff in freezer. Also trying to eat more beans and rice to lose some weight. I still have three more bags of seasoned roasted eggplant slices; think I'll make eggplant 'lasagna' this week

Elmer Nj

I like to make soup or stew on cold winter days.
Some of the stuff that I made in the last few weeks.

The Perfect Chicken Noodle Soup. The name of the dish litereally says so in the cook book, word for word, and it is so good! The page before has Chicken Noodle Soup. ha~

Beef Stew, both American or Western Style (served with hard crust bread)and Korean style served with rice. ;)

Moroccan Vegetable Stew served with couscous.

Country Borscht Strew with beets. So good!

Thai Curry with rice.

Korean Curry with rice.

Spaghetti with meatball.

Beef Udon.

Assortment of hard crust bread with liver pate, mustard, humus. (lazy evening)

German Potato Salad with spicy sausage.

French Lentil Soup. So good!!!

Egg Salad with bread. Quicky.

Tonight, it is left over sphaghtti with sausage.

I wish I had some nice pictures like Charles. Oh, well.

SPRING IS HERE!!!! Breaking out a couple steaks for the BBQ tonight. There's nothing like that first steak in spring. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Latest posts

Back