What's fer dinner?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eating all that healthy food will never clog your arteries, but don't you
miss the "heart stopping" factor of southern food?

We keep buttermilk for biscuits and pancakes. It keeps forever because
it's already gone bad. I hate the taste and the look of the empty glass
so never drink it.

Of course I miss it. But when I was younger I got rid of it the next day.
Now it just sticks to my ribs, and makes me look more like a cow.

Had Chinese take out last night.

Great minds think alike:

ghost curry coated chicken, potatoes, garlic, Anaheim peppers, and onions in a massaman curry sauce over white rice

It is simple to you Parryaw but it is complex to most Americans and something that most will never even try. It's a shame.

I'm guessing you have tried it then! It looks simple at least, preparing it is not simple though( never tried making it )

I cook it once a week or so. I think it is a simple recipe compared to some others. The trick is balancing everything.

Crab cakes, now that is a pain and usually takes half a day to prep.

I actually found hoppin john rice mix on Internet while searching for rice mix, guess I'll have to try it

Cooked a gift turkey a few nights ago, eating leftovers tonight. Cooked first upside down and then right side up in the pan; it was easy and worked great!

There is buttermilk powder which is easy to keep and use. I've had buttermilk biscuits with lots of butter but never heard of fried molasses ?? :/ ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the molasses in a skillet (iron preferred) and heat on med. high, sprinkle lightly with baking soda. When the molasses begin to foam to a nice caramel color, slap on a buttered biscuit. Don't get black strap molasses! I've tried the powdered buttermilk and it's hard to get the
proper texture for biscuits. I do this biscuit/molasses thing for a treat.
It's fattening as hell, but you do get some iron in the molasses.

Interesting.

Just had five free range-ish eggs for breakfast, supplied by new employer. Scrambled with milk, onion garlic lemon pepper garlic salt smoked paprika and mrs. dog's seasoning
No toast with it because toaster/convection oven still in box and no counter space yet

I cook it once a week or so. I think it is a simple recipe compared to some others. The trick is balancing everything.

Crab cakes, now that is a pain and usually takes half a day to prep.

I have never made it so as crab cakes. Most of the crab cakes here in Singapore don't really contain crab mostly flour.

That's the case here too, parrypaw. One has to buy the crabs and dig the
meat out with a pick. That's why the half day prep. The crap that most
restaurants sell as crab cakes is disgusting.

Plus after picking crab, stinking up the house and using about every available dish... you still have to let them sit a while in the fridge before cooking. All well worth the wait when you have the time and patience.

Unless you live on the Northeastern coast of the US this is the only way to get anything of real quality.

Amen to that Chad! See if you can find David Rosenburg's recipe for
crab cakes using Wonder Bread. Cuts prep time, the Wonder Bread
disappears and all you have left is big chunks of crab and seasoning.
Oh yummy and drool! I use Alaskan King Crab when I can get it.

Wonder bread in crab cakes?! *stopping up my Baltimore bred ears*
I grew up using a couple saltine crackers, slap of mayo and dried mustard per pound of crab. Pretty close to the recipe on the old bay box.

I've been juicing so tonight was kale, spinach, pineapple and cucumber juice.

Many memories going crabbing with my wife. In the boat, her up front, in a bikini, scooping crabs from the dock pilings. Lots of fun for teenagers.
Since 9/11, some of the best spots are still off limits.

Had leftover crock pot last night. Beef.

Latest posts

Back