Phrag Incan Treasure (kov. x long.)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knocked off the first flower trying to get the pollen off to send to someone (it was getting faded anyhow), and the second flower looks okay though I also took the pollen off of it. the other buds are growing, but more slowly now that it's a lot cooler (and darker)

I knocked off the first flower...(it was getting faded anyhow)...

i grow few Phrags but i thought they typically dropped the flower when it was pristine. do you know if this one is unusual or if i just have too little experience in Phrags?

well, it didn't look faded from a distance, but it didn't take much for it to fall off when I was prying pollen off. after I picked it up and looked at it closely it showed some signs of wear so it probably would have fallen off fairly soon

i grow few Phrags but i thought they typically dropped the flower when it was pristine. do you know if this one is unusual or if i just have too little experience in Phrags?

No phrag should drop its blooms when they are pristine. they may not look as beat as other slippers when the flowers drop off but not pristine. Think how that would affect AOS judging! :p

I don't know that there is an answer to that. I think most of us have certainly experienced the perfect young flower just dropping off for reasons unbeknown to us & it becomes the typical phrag, but I think the majority hold on until they're showing signs of aging & then should be dropping off.

Latest posts

Back