Phrag Lovely Lynne 4n x sib blooming thread

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that you chose the large rockwool cubes as a medium. The small cubes in the larger, taller pot would probably have reduced the air too much. This next year’s growth and flowering will be exciting to see.

Thanks Terry, there won’t now be a cull of the plants until next autumn. I know Jason Fischer say that you should flower them three times to see full potential but I may run out of growing space.
For the repot of the larger plants in the large growing tray I have a problem in that I have no large rockwool cubes left and at present cannot find a supplier. Smaller cubes are easy to find. I will continue the search.

Looking good, David,

I have used your flat tray with Rockwool cubs on a Fischeri flask I recently de-flasked so I hope they turn out half as good as your culture.

IMG_1571.jpegIMG_1572.jpeg
The larger set of 16 plants have been repotted into five inch net pots but this time in small rockwool cubes. I couldn’t find a suitable supplier of the larger cubes. The best plant that flowered last autumn, a super red that I’ve christened ‘St Ives’ has had special treatment and is in its own tray, a smaller version of the previous one. It takes up too much room to put them all into these, but this one may be worth it.

IMG_1580.jpeg
This is the most advanced clone and it was the first one to flower at the very beginning of this thread. After I had repotted them all, I noticed that the new growths were quite a bit paler than the older ones. To counteract this I’m using an old trick from the Fischers, concentrated foliar feed. They told me that phrags love a 6x normal rate foliar feed. The plants have this about twice a week and are starting to green up nicely.

View attachment 46825
This is the most advanced clone and it was the first one to flower at the very beginning of this thread. After I had repotted them all, I noticed that the new growths were quite a bit paler than the older ones. To counteract this I’m using an old trick from the Fischers, concentrated foliar feed. They told me that phrags love a 6x normal rate foliar feed. The plants have this about twice a week and are starting to green up nicely.
The new growth looks very strong. Are you using the same fertilizer (RainMix) for the foliar feed? I may try this too.

Make sure to weigh the plants, so I can figure the shipping costs for the culled runts. In the meantime, I'll start looking for an insulated container. Remember it's "Fresh baked cookies" in the export documents, thanks. :p

Latest posts

Back