Paph. rothschildianum 'Deane'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must agree with all of the previous writers - shape and stance, amount of flowers and last but not least colouration are outstanding.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Congratulations Pete! However, I think the judges were a bit overly conservative. The point score is a bit low. IMHO, it is worth more than that. If it's vigorous, as you say, then, don't divided it until you get it to bloom with 4 or 5 flowers on 3 or 4 inflorescences, all at the same time. Then, take it to judging and get that 80 points upgraded. This has the potential to be an FCC! It's absolutely awesome for a first bloom....just wait until it matures!

Thanks.. The petal width was 1.8 the natural spread was 30.5, I think the dorsal is like 6. a little crowding in the arrangement precluded a higher score. It was commended for excellent color and form.

I like this clone very much. It looks very much like the clone 'Mont Millais' . The petals are held quite horizontally as does the 'Mont Millais' , clone. The color contrast is more intense in 'Mont Millais' . None the less, I like the 'Deane' clone very much. Good Show!
Congratulations!

Congrats to the award and to an outstanding first flowering! As John M said, let it grow and show it again when its fully adult.

I have a couple of first bloom roth in flower too, but after yours it is just to embarrasing to show them to anybody :sob:

best wishes,

Way to go!!!! I too think it deserved higher. Hopefully you can have it upgraded on future bloomings. :clap::drool:

Latest posts

Back