catching up..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
just catching up posting some pics of things that have been blooming the past couple weeks.. sorry for the non-slipper photos in the same thread, its just way easier to put em all together..
Paph. henryanum, first bloom sib cross, good color.
IMG_1027.jpg

Paph. rothschildianum x pinnochio... great petals on this one. its got good presentation too, with about three or four flowers open at a time
IMG_1028.jpg

Paphinia herrerae
IMG_1025.jpg

Cattleya percivilliana
IMG_1113.jpg

Cattleya walkeriana var. coerulea.. sib cross. third blooming, and it gets a little better each time...
IMG_1118.jpg

Paph. purpuratum... super vigorous plant
IMG_1119.jpg

Paph. charlesworthii.. first bloom on like a fifth generation sib cross.. it kind of opened under the leaf of another plant and a second growth is in flower now with a better flower..
IMG_1116.jpg

Paph. Hsinying agogo. the flowers not perfect but its a vigorous plant with a good stem and blooms twice, sometimes three times a year!
i think the cross is like [armeniacum x (Conco-bellatulum x bellatulum)]
IMG_1030.jpg

enjoy!

Thanks! Actually my collecting has kind of been on pause for the past 9 monthes due to financial restrictions! I've had the greenhouse up for a couple years now..

All your plants look great!! Thanks for the eye candy. The blooms are knockouts!! Great growing!

very nice collection! Congrats!

Your Paphinia is just amazing!! Very interesting color. I had never seen one that white!

Great growing area and amazing blooms!!! I love the paphinia and I hope I can get and grow one succesfully one day! Are they difficult to grow?? What conditions do you give it?
TY

Most impressive, Pete! The walkeriana looks huge, and I certainly like the Paphinia -- so many blooms! My paphinia Majestic is in bud for the third time, but I haven't gotten any of the species yet.

ya the paphinia was a gift from a friend some years ago. i had been growing it in my standard bark/perlite mix in a clay pot for almost two years and then thought that a hanging basket would display the flowers better.. when i switch things to hangers i usually put them in sphagnum and i fully thought that i was gonig to kill this thing because alot of plants just seem to really struggle with that drastic of a switch of medias.. but this thing just loved it and exploded. it has had about 6 spikes this time. i keep it evenly moist and pretty dark, with really good air movement.

Latest posts

Back