Could this be Paphiopedilum Bel Royal?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricardo Boricua

Reaction score
When this plant was still a seedling, I lost the ID tag. Over the years it kept growing and growing and GROWING. Its leaves are between 50 and 60 centimeters long (20 to 24 inches), It dwarfs all my other paphs. This is the first flower it opened. I checked my records and it is most likely a seedling of a rothschildianum x kolopakinii cross. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_3035.JPG
    IMG_3035.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
This seems like a reasonable outcome for that particular hybrid, in my opinion. Obviously can't confirm it 100% based on a single photo from the internet, but the additional details regarding its size and the fact that your records suggest this as the ID, I think it's okay to assume.

This seems like a reasonable outcome for that particular hybrid, in my opinion. Obviously can't confirm it 100% based on a single photo from the internet, but the additional details regarding its size and the fact that your records suggest this as the ID, I think it's okay to assume.
Thanks for your input.

When this plant was still a seedling, I lost the ID tag. Over the years it kept growing and growing and GROWING. Its leaves are between 50 and 60 centimeters long (20 to 24 inches), It dwarfs all my other paphs. This is the first flower it opened. I checked my records and it is most likely a seedling of a rothschildianum x kolopakinii cross. What do you think?
It is a close match for some internet posted photos of Bel Royal I have seen so the name is probably right. It's a good one, too!

Latest posts

Back