brachys and a pleasant surprise

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
these first two plants are just a couple of the many brachys in bloom right now. here is a Paph. godefroyae var. leucochilum
IMG_2707.jpg

Here is Paph. niveum var. alba this is the same clone i have posted in past years..
IMG_2711.jpg

and here, the surprise, my friend's biggest Paph. lowii fma. aureum is in flower! the first flower just opened, mine is in low sheath...sorry for the poor quality on this one, it was a cell phone picture..
photo-4.jpg

I like the flowers but allthough the picture doesn't do it justice the last one is really:

YUMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

That leuco is looking really good, and the niveum starts to turn into a very nice specimen plant. Well done!
I never wanted any of those lowii f. aureum seedlings. Your pic just changed my mind. Awsome!

Great flowers!!! The lowii is the best... (in case you would like to get a better picture, just stand a bit further from the flower so that the camera focuses on the flower better.. ;). The camera has focused on the background...)

Thanx for sharing The plants all look great. I like the niveum album; but then the lowii aureum!! :drool: I have a lowii album, I wonder if it will come out the same? :)

Thanx for sharing The plants all look great. I like the niveum album; but then the lowii aureum!! :drool: I have a lowii album, I wonder if it will come out the same? :)

yes im sure it will come out similar and is from the same batch. i thought only one plant was ever found? i may be mistaken. ive never heard of a lowii album, only the fma. aureum. maybe Dr. Braem, Olaf or Lance could weigh in.
and again, thats not my plant, it belongs to a friend of mine.

The first thing I said when I saw your aureum was WOW. Stunning colour, not like the album one. I like all muliflorals, but I never wanted a normal lowii in my collection. But your friend's aureum...

yes im sure it will come out similar and is from the same batch. i thought only one plant was ever found? i may be mistaken. ive never heard of a lowii album, only the fma. aureum. maybe Dr. Braem, Olaf or Lance could weigh in.
and again, thats not my plant, it belongs to a friend of mine.

2 very nice flowers absolutely!

I've heard about 3 different lowii's that have no pigmentation other than yellow or greenish....but I think only 1 reached the USA...

Latest posts

Back