Paph. rothschildianum 'Deane'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
Sorry for the kind of grainy, poor quality photo. it was taken with my phone!
anyways this is a sib cross currently in bloom. I will show it for judging on Friday. the cross is ('Atlantis' SM/TPS x 'Jungle Selected')
It is a very quick growing plant, four flowers on the first bloom is ok. the color and petal stance are really nice.. enjoy!
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/pwiggin/rothDeane.jpg

rothDeane.jpg

oops. this should work..

YIKES!!!!! Pete, if that's what you get on a first blooming (4, super high quality flowers), I can't wait for you to post future bloomings! This plant has excellent form and the pouch colour goes right up to the top of the pouch rim. Often, roths have a serious fading of the colour at the top edge of the pouch rim, which is a fault, of course. I LOVE the shape of the sepals. That dorsal is to die for. Hmmmm, maybe it's your growing conditions. I've always known that I belong in Hawaii! Congratulations on producing such spectacular flowers!

Last edited:
I agree, that is a very nice roth! Great form and color. Let us know what it does in judging.

Robert

Beautiful! The flowers have great form and color and the presentation is excellent. Let us know if it receives an award.

Awesome flowers! Not bad for a first bloom, I wish mine would look like that!

I remember having seen a pic of the Atlantis parent in one of the "Paphiopedilum in Taiwan" books, not sure which one and don't know if it's parents were mentioned.

best wishes,

Latest posts

Back