species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
hi guys! forgive my long absence, work and research have left me NO free time..
Heres a few species blooming in my greenhouse now: (apologies in advance all are iphone pictures)

Paph. stonei ..have several blooming now, pretty much all with four flowers on a spray and varying color. bloomed one with 5 flowers a few weeks ago. my best ones are not open yet. this particular one has nice petal stance and pretty clean markings but the pouch color is poor.
IMG_5994_zpscc4eba03.jpg

Paph. ciliolare one of the most underrated species, an all time favorite of mine
IMG_5946_zps11e43f44.jpg

Paph. victoria-regina
IMG_6003_zpse83751e6.jpg

Paph. callosum
IMG_5943_zps83cce860.jpg

Paph. liemieanum still making selections from these guys. its been fun!
IMG_6011_zpsaccb67e2.jpg

Paph. richardianum this is the best one Ive got. I have several of them bc i just love this thing.
IMG_5948_zps118e7ea7.jpg

IMG_5949_zpsccccd789.jpg

Paph. philippinense var. album- each blooming a little bit better on this slow poke
IMG_4513_zpsff03927d.jpg

Welcome back Pete. I think I am not alone on saying that we missed your beautiful photos (and you of course).

Glad to have you back and posting again.

I think the stonei is pretty nice, but I agree with your assessment -- the flower is an 8.5/10, though, so that's still pretty good. When you say you're still selecting liemianums, I'm assuming you mean you're choosing the best and offloading the rest? Are you planning to breed them?

Overall, great photo set. You must've slaved for hours taking all those photos, prepping them, uploading them, and then posting all them here. It's much appreciated.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. :)

It's much appreciated but, what are you using to post photos? On Photobucket it only takes a minute.

You're probably only considering one part of the process.

The photography portion itself can take awhile. Then, if you're like me, you don't just post every photo you take, it requires some time to review them to determine which ones are good, and which ones are the best to post online.

Even then, the process of uploading to an image host, gathering all the URLs or BB codes, going through the click-through process here on Slippertalk, pasting all the codes/urls, writing comments and notes, then proof reading can take a good amount of time as well.

It's a long process. You get some economy of scale when you're posting a bunch of pics, but it's still time consuming. I know that even if I'm only posting 1 or 2 photos and some comments on a single plant, it ends up becoming a 20 - 30 minute process, so I can imagine it takes a good deal longer to photograph and post a greenhouse (or more) full of plants.

You're probably only considering one part of the process.

The photography portion itself can take awhile.
Hahhhahahahhahhaahahaa...!!
:rollhappy: Maybe not so much. :p

Then, if you're like me, you don't just post every photo you take, it requires some time to review them to determine which ones are good, and which ones are the best to post online.

Yes, that takes a little time

Even then, the process of uploading to an image host, gathering all the URLs or BB codes, going through the click-through process here on Slippertalk, pasting all the codes/urls, writing comments and notes, then proof reading can take a good amount of time as well.

It's a long process. You get some economy of scale when you're posting a bunch of pics, but it's still time consuming. I know that even if I'm only posting 1 or 2 photos and some comments on a single plant, it ends up becoming a 20 - 30 minute process, so I can imagine it takes a good deal longer to photograph and post a greenhouse (or more) full of plants.

STF can take up to 12 photos to a post so you just link 12 photos and copy and paste them here in one shot. :) Not that much time and always fun to share.

Pete, you needn't apologize for your iPhone photos -- they look just fine. Actually they show that the iPhone can make very good photos. Good ad for Apple.

I think the stonei is pretty nice, but I agree with your assessment -- the flower is an 8.5/10, though, so that's still pretty good. When you say you're still selecting liemianums, I'm assuming you mean you're choosing the best and offloading the rest? Are you planning to breed them?

Overall, great photo set. You must've slaved for hours taking all those photos, prepping them, uploading them, and then posting all them here. It's much appreciated.

thanks much it wasnt too bad like Eric said, using photobucket, but it did force me to unload my phone which was way overdue. in regards to the liemieanums yes This is just the F1 and we have some truly excellent ones already. If youd like something just PM me.

Back