Paph. anitum deflasked in pictures

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The flask is actually a phrag flask lol... mislabeled

Perhaps not phrags, but the leaves are not wide enough for anitum IMO, but time will show. Often leaves change drastically after deflasking. Good luck:D

Perhaps not phrags, but the leaves are not wide enough for anitum IMO, but time will show. Often leaves change drastically after deflasking. Good luck:D

The tesselation of the leaves looks right to me. Altough the colour might be a little on the green side instead of the bluish teint they usually have. But maybe this comes later. I have sown some anitum flasks a week ago. I wonder how these will develop and if they are different than the ones of this thread.

These are still very very young.
I've seen a jump in leaf width as much as three times.
When they are ready, some of them will go from this little narrow leaf to a very wide one.
Then, some of them will gradually grow larger.

I had a flask of anitum from Formosa last year (one survivor! Partly because they arrived all jumbled up and every one with broken leaves). Anyway, they looked just like this, long leaves and all, and I think this just must be how they start off at this young age. Unless we all have wrongly named flasks, which seems unlikely.

Thanks guys for your comments and advice. Mine came from Ching Hua , I thought they were trusted vendor and never doubted label, so thought it was my culture fault...

Re: roots. I did fertilized them, so decided to un-pot now and check the roots - indeed, roots took a lot of damage. damn me. I moved them from those deep pots back to shallow trays, hope new roots will come out soon. what a setback just when I though everything is fine.

How is the root recovery going with your seedlings? Have you changed anything in your culture at all since the root damage? I've got a small compot as well and just wondering about anyone's success with raising these from small seedling size.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back