Yellowing/Dying Leaves on parvisepalums

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebo

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I’m hoping someone might be able to give me some insight into an issue I seem to consistently have with my parvis and parvi hybrids. They all seem to have yellowing leaves at a rate and in a way that none of my other paphs have experienced. They all push new leaves at a normal rate but it always seems for each leaf or two that pushes one or two at the bottom yellow and fall off.

I fertilize weekly, supplement with magnesium and calcium. We have a conservatory so maintaining temperature and good humidity levels is easy enough. Pretty much all of my paphs also grow under grow lights to provide supplemental light.

I’ve only ever had this issue with parvis. I feel like I’m really missing something with parvis and their hybrids. Or do I just have unrealistic expectations for parvis and how they grow???

Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_4236.jpeg
    IMG_4236.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4238.jpeg
    IMG_4238.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4239.jpeg
    IMG_4239.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
I think we’re going to need a lot more info to be of help.

When was it las repotted?
What is the potting medium?
How often do you water?
Do you let it dry or keep it evenly moist?
How much of what fertilizer formula?
What calcium/magnesium supplement? How much and how often?
What is your water supply?

I think we’re going to need a lot more info to be of help.

When was it las repotted?
What is the potting medium?
How often do you water?
Do you let it dry or keep it evenly moist?
How much of what fertilizer formula?
What calcium/magnesium supplement? How much and how often?
What is your water supply?
Thank you for your reply. I definitely appreciate any insight or advice. I’ve answered each of your questions in order below. Thanks, again!

-This particular plant was repotted earlier this year (Feb./March of 23’).
-I typically use a mix of chunky bark, chunky charcoal, and chunky perlite. I grow in a conservatory for the most part and find this mix works best for my environment.
-Durring the warmer months I usually water about twice weekly. During the cooler months I usually water about once a week. I definitely try to pull back on watering a bit during the winter months for the parvi hybrids I have.
-I typically let them get as close to dry as possible before watering. During the cooler months I let them go a bit drier.
-I use K-Lite every week at a rate of 1/2 tsp. per gallon and every other week I add 1 mil. of SuperThrive Foliage Pro to that mix.
-I do add Cal-Mag at a dose of 1/2 mil. per gallon of water once a week as well as epsom salts at a dose of 1/4 tsp. per gallon once a week.
-I use a filtration system that filters our city water down to a TDS of 0. I then usually add in 1 cup of straight tap water to each gallon of water I water with.

Based upon that info, my only guess would be that it’s a little too dry, but as has been stated, it may not really be too big of an issue.

Latest posts

Back