Paph. anitum deflasked in pictures

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orchideya

Wish me luck please. Also comments and advices are highly appreciated.
I put them in shaded corner with no direct light. Also I peeled bottom brown leaves, hope it was ok.

anitum_swimming.jpg

anitum_separated.jpg

anitum_deflasked.jpg

tank_seedlings.jpg

the leaves look like they are still very soft so be careful.

this is when deflasking with agar-on is preferable when the plants are so tender.

Good luck! Looks like you have a good start. They do look so tender and vulnerable. Where did they come from?

Good Luck! I have remains of a flask that has been sitting there for the last three years or so. Never found out how to treat those guys! (but managed to kill most of them:evil:

Thank you everybody for your comments and advices.
The leaves do feel very soft, so I am trying not to touch them at all.
It is humid in the tank, about 80% RH, but temps are hovering at 20 - 22C , not too warm, because tank is in the basement. It should become warmer in summer, hopefully.
According to H.Koopowitz book - overgrown seedlings are slower to start after deflasking, so I am prepared for them doing nothing for a long while.
I took a look this morning - they still are green and perky, I guess it will be my routine from now on - to check on them every morning. :)

Very nice! Anitum is a great species, hopefully there will be some left in situ for the next generations :( One of my motherplants is blooming in a month and I will try to make some seed and produce some flasks in the lab.

Good luck. Judging from the care you took with potting them up and the health of the rest of your plants in the photo, you'll do just fine!

Thanks!
Paphman910, I checked the link, apparently the company that produces it is in Montreal. I filled the request form on their website, hopefully I will be able to get it.
Did you try it on your anitums?

Thanks!
Paphman910, I checked the link, apparently the company that produces it is in Montreal. I filled the request form on their website, hopefully I will be able to get it.
Did you try it on your anitums?

No, most of my anitum looked like your seedling but they started to rot from the base. Same thing happened to my tigrinum flask and I came upon this thread on ST. You should give it a try because they are so prone to ewirnia.

Latest posts

Back