My Conservatory, a 2 year snap-shot

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen an albino restrepia before! Fantastic! Where do I find one!?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

It's like it always is:

You have to know someone!
Albino Restrepias are rare. Some of the time, there's only ever one plant that has been found, and all stock we hold in cultivation, goes back, to these "only once found" treasures. The dark side however is: as always within albinstic plants, there are those albinos that just fade away, and the few prolific plants we know about... have to be treated like crown-jewels!
In my case: I knew someone...who eventually just realized that I was serious about the Genus. After that, the rest is easy.

I'm off to the U.K. for a few days. You want anything brought back (picture-wise)? Mind you.... I'm not going to be seen in London...:poke:

Absolutely stellar Restrepia! And I mean STELLAR!
....now I have something new to hunt for.

Hi John Boy, did you pollinate the canhii on a single growth or is it a multiple growth plant?

Is it just me, or doesn't this look like I'm cutting down, to get moving in a few weeks from now?!:confused:

9047151163_0af54d2197_b.jpg

9047153483_abf3834497_b.jpg

9047153529_41abb405f0_b.jpg

PS: My canhii is about 7 or so growths strong!

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad:
Yes, that would be the plan.
However, I find it increasingly difficult, do get on with it! Even if I just keep all the Neos and Restrepias, plus the best Cattleyas and Laelias...I'll be ending up with LOADS of plants...
Let alone my Paphiopledilum collection, which will be very difficult to let go, or cut back on. Given that here in Europe people in general won't spend money on any Paphiopedilums, Ebay is pretty much pointless.

It's a lonly place, having to slim-line a collection, knowing, that you'll nowhere near make your investment back.... Also, there are plants, I know I'll have to hang on to, because I'll not be able to replace them. A nice example is my collection of 10-15 Laelia aurea, which are all adult, and multigrowth, which did cost me an arm & a leg, so: I don't even want to offer them, cause I'll refuse to let them go for a tuppens....

Oh, stop complaining, and get on with it!!!
:(

depends on the time span.
Here in my region some orchid sellers offfer space in the green house for winter or things liek moveing, maybe you can find something like that.

Oyur paph could all find a nice home on the other side of germany would be near you next week so.....

Cheers Dido for the offer, but since I don't know how long it'll be before I'll get to build a greenhouse (if I will)... it would be difficult for me, to park an entire collection at someone else's facility. Besides: the finacial side of it.

I'll just have to bite the bullet, and reduce, refocuss and ratain what's really important to me.

In case you haven't found it yet...

I've put up a 50 plants containing offer, within the sales/trade section!

Latest posts

Back