I might as well throw my dele buds in the mix too!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Five different plants but not all viewed here.
P1000860.jpg

P1000861.jpg

P1000862.jpg

P1000863.jpg

Rick, those are some pretty good looking delenatii yummy buds ^^
btw, thatz a pretty interesting looking growing area--is it part of a greenhouse or a lento to your home or something?

Rick, those are some pretty good looking delenatii yummy buds ^^
btw, thatz a pretty interesting looking growing area--is it part of a greenhouse or a lento to your home or something?
A small greenhouse, 14ft W,32ft L and 12ft H. To increase the bench space I have the benchs staked on top of each other with plastic vinyl slung under each upper bench to protect the benchs under. Here is a PIC from the wet wall end looking towards the front
Growingarea08-2.jpg

I sure wish I had one of those! Is it expensive to operate?
Never really calculated the cost. The GH is wired to the house so it is hard to divide it out but I have a great rate per kilowat. The exhaust fans are old A/C units I picked up for 25 bucks each and they're 220V which is 1/2 the cost of running 110V fans. The heat is natural gas and the water is collected rain water. If you look on the floor under the left exhaust fan, in black, you'll see a 55 gal plastic drum buried 2/3s into the ground. That is where the rain water comes into the GH from a 450 gal storage outside, under the rain gutter of the house.
If you go to the Paph Imperal Jade thread I started you'll see the water drum easy.

:eek: small!??? ..... then mine's a mini-mini :eek: 8 x 12!
Nice! I wish mine was bigger but not that big!
Rose,
Mine started out smaller, 12ft W, 24ft L and 7ft H, but it expanded as did the collection! I've put together and taken apart this same GH 4 times( moved to a new house each time) here in Pearland and each time I've improved upon it.

Rose,
Mine started out smaller, 12ft W, 24ft L and 7ft H, but it expanded as did the collection! I've put together and taken apart this same GH 4 times( moved to a new house each time) here in Pearland and each time I've improved upon it.

bravo!!!! Great job! So if all the remaining space is used, there will be the next move!!:D:D!! Sorry, just a try of a joke! :)! Jean

You made a funny Jean:p

Thanks midmichigan and all. I should mention that I have been working at this since Christmas of 86 when I bought my first orchid, a complex Paph:wink:
I should have something to show for all that time.

Latest posts

Back