Paphiopedilum Bud and Buddy (Guessing Game)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This huge bud escaped my attention until I moved the plant because it was blocking my view. The bud somehow grew in my blind spot. How daring of it lol.

Yet despite its sneaky ways, it was still under the watchful eye of its ivory buddy.

As before, we are now in the bud name game. Anyone can guess what this interloper is?

B43CC503-7A46-4257-A563-26B640D9543A.jpeg2DEB39C3-B107-41D9-A0CA-0C86AA250B54.jpegEE3CDCE1-D72C-4643-89F1-E94425F8A35B.jpeg

I offer 3 clues:

1. Considered a natural hybrid before, and a species now.
2. Has spots.
3. A brachy.

I was going to go with paphiopedilum wenshanense, but I did not think it was moved to a species.

Also, I feel like clues 2 and 3 have too much overlap. Not saying that all brachys have spots but spots are a kind of a defining trait. Seems like another more generous clue is called for. ;)

I was going to go with paphiopedilum wenshanense, but I did not think it was moved to a species.

Also, I feel like clues 2 and 3 have too much overlap. Not saying that all brachys have spots but spots are a kind of a defining trait. Seems like another more generous clue is called for. ;)
Darlene, you have good deduction skills. Trust in them.

No more clues available at the moment. Will that be your final answer?

Latest posts

Back