How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I'm digging here is myself, out of the snow. You dig? :D

I remember Father, in the 1960's or early '70's in September, going to Quebec to get a truck he had purchased. They had to dig it out of the snow.

We are having a heat wave here. January thaw. Was 60 something degrees (F) yesterday and everything that had snow on it is a sheet of ice now. We will have another mild week out of this and then the subzero weather will hit and be below 0 degrees F for a spell. But as mild as our winters are, I doubt it stays like that for long. In years past, once the weather got cold it would stay till March and last snow fall in April. Now, anybodies guess.

Last three day, I've been bitting my nails with this unseasonably cold weather.. 31 as a low so far and so far so good for my orchids. Look out east coast your about to freeze your ass off!

Well it is darn cold here. We have about 2 or 3 inches on the ground from a snow storm last Thursday, but the real issue is that it is getting down to 1 degree tonight and will be very cold for the rest of the week. I have a back up heater going in the greenhouse just in case.

in a few days it's just supposed to be lows in mid teens, which is normal to above the usual for mid-winter. where my sister lives in bondurant, wyoming, it's usually around -20F for most of january

thought it would be good to get in a power walk to the haircutters today since the warm and rainy has melted the tons of snow that had blocked lots of sidewalks, but spent a lot of the time looking down to avoid packages that dog walkers left behind... concentrated piles of p66p everywhere

typical 'upstate gray', mid-30's and cloudy/breezy

20 F, heading to a low of about 13 F, and I'm supposed to get a box of plants this week. Yikes, it was 50 F when I ordered them?

It is wet and a bit on the "cold" side for this time of year here in Vancouver BC. We had some snow last week and some freezing rain, all lasting hours not days. Days are getting longer about 3 minutes a day now... The past few months have been much like Seattle grey, wet and cool. Can't wait for spring.

Yesterday around noon, somewhere in Luxembourg!!
_mg_0976.jpg

Jean

Oh... Thank god it doesn't do that here! I hate cold weather!

Thank god it back to normal here... 70/50 f

Hey Jean, your picture looks like my neighborhood this morning. Now at 6AM it is 0.5 C and the snow is tapering off. Still dark out there, but I can see white everywhere. I'll have to go out and get some video of the garden - Neofinetia, Dendrobiums, and Bulbophyllums under a blanket of white!

Last edited:
Hey Jean, your picture looks like my neighborhood this morning. Now at 6AM it is 0.5 C and the snow is tapering off. Still dark out there, but I can see white everywhere. I'll have to go out and get some video of the garden - Neofinetia, Dendrobiums, and Bulbophyllums under a blanket of white!

I thought you live in a subtropical location!?!:poke:

Latest posts

Back