How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my desktop weather thingy says the low is supposed to be -2F tonight, but it just clicked at -8F (915pm) with lots of night to go, so think it's going to be much colder than that by morningtime

hahah, the desktop thing now says a low of -8F tonight, and it's already gone down to -12F! maybe they should pick a new number that's actually lower than the present temperature by about five degrees

Last edited:
OK, I'm totally jealous, limuhead -- it's been below 0º at night here and not even into the teens during the day. Wanna trade places???

Actually, I think you are new here, limuhead. Welcome, and please tell us a little about yourself in the Greetings and Salutations section.

LOOKOUT NORTHEASTERNERS it's coming your way!
A good wet heavy snow all afternoon, we could have 8" by the time it's done, nothing compared to the 2 ft. they're predicting for New Yorkers & the Boston area!

That's the spirit! :rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:
I understand it's as hard to accurately predict weather in your neck of the woods as it is where I'm at, shall we cross our fingers that it will fizzle? It's been a looong time since I've experienced a 20" snowfall, I hope it stays that way!

they're only predicting 6-8" of snow here max, which is no big deal. we had about a foot over a two day period a month or so ago. there's supposed to be more north of here and east; will be nice because then I can go snowshoeing again!

I mentioned to my brother-in-law last year about this time that they should get a natural gas generator to hook up to the house (when the power was out for part of a day due to storm); bet he's thinking maybe he should've hooked one up already! :) he has his deck gas grill hooked right up to the city gas supply, so a generator could go right there (or just underneath the deck where the gas line comes from)

I mentioned to my brother-in-law last year about this time that they should get a natural gas generator to hook up to the house (when the power was out for part of a day due to storm); bet he's thinking maybe he should've hooked one up already! :) he has his deck gas grill hooked right up to the city gas supply, so a generator could go right there (or just underneath the deck where the gas line comes from)

I sell them...
:)

There are so many conflicting reports of the storms path....the most consistent is that Boston will get about 2' of snow by the time it's over. Here in NYC, predictions are ranging from 1" to 1'. Supposed to rain tomorrow anyway, with the snow coming in at night.

we get 20cm last night of snow, and it is still around 0C
so it is extremly slippery all over

Looks like this one will fizzle.
Too bad, could of used the exercise.

i wouldnt be so sure..Nemo is moving in circular motion drawing down cold air from the north on its western side.. ..and its getting stronger and drawing a lot of moisture from the ocean...heavy snowfalls are supposed to happen overnight with increasing windspeed, and lightning

It's still warm enough that we still only have a small amount, even though it's been snowing continually since about 2:30 or so. Came home from work, shoveled the little bit that was there....can't say much more has accumulated since then, but the heavy stuff is yet to come, if it does.

Looks like this one will fizzle.
Too bad, could of used the exercise.

sounds like your back is doing better...

there is some extremely heavy precipitation in the middle of connecticut and long island, but very light elsewhere. I kept seeing forecasts for 9" snow today and night, but when went for walk late this afternoon only had a few high-speed flakes in my eyes for a few minutes and that was about it. radar just shows very light precip in most places. looks like it's moving too fast to collect much anywhere (in this area)

well, Boston has 14 inches already..places in new york and conn have even more...many without power and strong winds..so i suspect the people who are gettin hit hard dont have access to internet to tell us

Hopefully for those that lost power, alternative sources of heat are available.

It snowed here. No wind. Looks like 5" .
Could not watch CNN this morning. They looked desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got 30" of snow in my part of Central Connecticut. On the plus side we have power. Waiting for the snow to stop to use the snow blower.

Latest posts

Back