How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's finally warming a bit around here, but the snow pack is holding the temperature down. The last few weeks, with night temps around 0 degrees F, and highs in the teens, and with the sun getting higher, I've had to chip ice to free up one of the in-take vents so I could exhaust excess heat. The interior shade cloth is up, but I can't put up the outside shade cloth because of the snow.:(

Dot's brrrrr has arrived here, today 26˚F in the daytime, april 2nd, which is pretty unusual. lake-effect snow from lake ontario scattering around, so bright sun and then clouds and lots of blowing snow, four inches or so last night/this morning and more today. it was all melted yesterday. looks like it says 50f thursday and sunny, and then again above 50 on sunday

I hope that it doesn't warm up too fast, or we'll have tremendous loss of apple blossoms/fruit again this year! two and three years ago, it was timed to nip the blueberry blossoms.
right now, apple cider is in short supply, and where you can find it, it is over $6 a gallon! (yes, cider) I had some a few weeks ago that tasted great and boiled it down to make apple cider syrup which can be used in apple cider donuts, apple pies, cakes, frosting etc... used to be common in the northeast used in place of sugar cane molasses

think i'll go for a walk! :)

My last day of vacation, and I could barely spend any time in my yard. Forced myself to water the vegetable garden in the freezing wind. I want my spring!

Yeah, been a bit nippy here too. Today the high was 72, got down to 56 last night, Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!

...Why is it still winter? Ugh!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

I think earthquakes would be making me very chilly while they were happening, and then sweating bullets that another one was going to happen soon

some big temp swings here next few days; it's supposed to be 20f tonight, then 50 tomorrow, and then a few more days of swings more than 20f day/night; very unusual for this time of year (usually cloudy damp and 39-44 all the time for a few weeks)

we are jumping to
from -8C to +5C nearly every day.
But the clouds keeping me sick, first signs of spring starting will post the next days.
But the light which comes more and more makes my paph growing spikes....

crazy here after nearly down to freezing we see the sun again today after more then 10 days.
Last night we had only 2C.

Hope it will get better, water we have enough now

Back