How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High 30's and rainy here too. Was some snow in the afternoon, but nothing sticking.

it snowed 3" during my walk last night and I cleaned the snow off of my car (about 5-6" including from previous night's) when I got back, and this morning I cleaned another 8" from on top of my car! I would have taken a picture but the landlord was snowblowing the back parking area so I moved my car out of the way. so to add it all up we got four inches monday night, and this wednesday night we got 11", and likely another 1-3" tonight and there is light snow in the forecast all week/end. the snowmobilers and skiers will be very happy! greek peak over near cortland had filed for bankruptcy last winter because they had so little snow and warm weather and they had just done a ton of improvements. they managed to get a new loan or such to continue this year, and i'll bet they are tickled pink right now to have had nearly a foot of new snow! (where I grew up learning to ski in high school ski club)

the snow was all light; not wet and heavy like it could have been... when we have these kinds of storms i'm happy we live just far enough north so that the ice and sleet are south and southeast of us, and we have just snow :) .... I can deal with snow.... didn't get the high wind they were talking about unless it was up on the hills

We got about 6 inches here and the roads are too slick to go out. I suppose I shouldn't complain because last year was very mild. This is more like a normal winter.

We were due for a cold wave. :D

Coldwave_zpsbb2bfad4.jpg

Attractive curb appeal. Our area needs milder weather for a while, certain folks around here can skip the snow for now.

Hot, hot, hot. Temps around the 40oC mark for the last 4 days with more to come over the next week. I can't remember the last day that was below 30oC. May have been Christmas day. It has been an incredible run and there is still two months of summer left.

african anticyclone on Italy bring hot temp for the season 18c°max.is very hot for the north of the nation.
this morning at 7,20 o'clock from my balcony- Italy dawn
img6819sg.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]
bye bye,anna

Anna, that is bad weather sunrise!
It's going up to 50F in NYC this week. I think the native plants outside are going crazy!
Stay cool Aussies! :eek:

The weather is crazy here in the midwest, not that it should be a surprise to anyone! Today is sunny, windy, 46, by Saturday prediction is daytime high of 54, Sunday 27! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Seasonable for climate change.
The daffodils are about 1 1/2-2'' out of the soil.

Happy I didn't waste my time digging the Cannas out for winter storage.

Seasonable for climate change.
The daffodils are about 1 1/2-2'' out of the soil.

Happy I didn't waste my time digging the Cannas out for winter storage.

All I'm digging here is myself, out of the snow. You dig? :D

Where's the neighborhood kid to help out a retiree???
jeepers, those were $$$$ days when I was twelve.

Latest posts

Back