Favorite phalaenopsis?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, no problem there. I think you need more.

You seem to favor the alba varieties.

I can't really think of a phal species I don't like. I'd probably save my corningiana in a fire though...it's almost solid red and has a "cinnamony" floral scent to it when the sunlight hits its blossoms. I also like my pulchra a lot--it's fragrant and intensely-colored, too. Bellina and violacea are givens of course--there isn't a color form of either I don't want, and I like the long spikes on violacea v. Mentawai.

I'm putting together an orchid presentation and I'm trying to limit it to mostly besseae hybrids and Parvi paphs, I'm tempted to add a little about pleuros, tolumnias, and jewel orchids! :crazy:

One of my favorite phalaenopsis is Phal. reichenbachiana. This is still quite a rare and it differs from Phal. faciata from the trichomes on the lip and has a musky fragrance.

Ramon:)

Phal. reichenbachiana
3172495631_772abf7e29_b.jpg

Very nice Ramon. The petals are nice and wide, and the flower looks pretty flat from this angle.

I'm not sure how many know that fasciata does have a distinct scent, but mine smells like tangerines (late mornings on hot muggy days).

Looks like plastic to me...very nice, hard and shiny! I'm trying to reconcile in my mind Ramon's description of the scent as "musk" with Rick's description of the scent as "tangerine".

:clap: :drool: Quite nice and the rarity factor makes it nicer yet!
Looks like plastic to me...very nice, hard and shiny! I'm trying to reconcile in my mind Ramon's description of the scent as "musk" with Rick's description of the scent as "tangerine".
:rollhappy: Me too! Like my description of soapy floral! :eek:

Latest posts

Back