Favorite phalaenopsis?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey wendy. nice schilly. thats kinda what mine looks, really pink, like except mine was a first time bloom of only one flower :eek: . the flower form is the same too the petals dont angle back like most of the other phal schillys ive seen. i'm wondering if its purpurea? what does your schilly smell like?

It has a very strong rose scent. I checked it this morning and discovered a new spike starting to push through. Hopefully this blooming will be as good as the last.

Other favourites are Phal bellina and Phal mannii. I love the bow legged look of mannii.

I have a few Phal species but the color on this fasciata is one that I really love. I picked up a peloric equestris earlier this year and I noticed a spike recently, so it won't be too much longer until it blooms
fasciata.jpg

deep bump

I was doing a search and found this long-lost thread! There are a good number of phal species that I like, but think I like phal lindenii and phal maculata (and cochlearis) the best. I have a few pics of lindenii here, not sure about maculata or cochlearis. There is one phal violacea alba that I have that I really like, and now that I have a few bellina seedlings that have started flowering, the list is getting thicker!

Thanks for the bump Charles. Thanks to you and the ludd twins I have developed a renewed interest in phal species. I have been planning my purchases for months and this weekend is an open house at my favorite nursery. Look out here I come.

I am very partial to equestris and cornu-cervi, but the little javanica I have is cranking up again with new flowers and another :clap: new spike and it is just a little doll. Then there is my zebrina that I love and is also doing a second round right now. And who can forget stuartiana, pantherina, amabilis, aphrodite, celebensis... :crazy: :D.

Susan

for me it's the one named after my co-luxembourger: Jean Jules Linden!!! I have 2 of them lindenii's, one in bud! :) ! Jean

So this addiction is growing.......today I bought a pulchra, amboinensis, pulcherrima and a stuartiana. I need a shoe horn.

So this addiction is growing.......today I bought a pulchra, amboinensis, pulcherrima and a stuartiana. I need a shoe horn.

Hey, where did you happen to find these species today? .. it wouldn't have happened to have been in upstate ny? if so, how come you didn't get any of the bellina or violacea coerulea or gigantea seedlings? (smile)

Im getting into album species but I really find Phals very easy to grow so I have a bunch that were throwaways! I also love art-shade orange and salmon Phals so I just got a Baldan one from e-bay.

Eric,
You're being corrupted and brought to the dark side.

Charles,

I went to the open house at Windswept in Time Orchids. He sells from his house by appointment and at the shows throughout Ohio and western PA and Eastern Indiana. Edgar is very nice to talk to and very helpful. I have purchased more from him than any other.

I forgot to add the venosa keiki that I begged for. I love venosa. Only had two leaves, but the roots are enormous.:D

Eric,
You're being corrupted and brought to the dark side.

No, I only have a few:
Baldan's Apricot [something or other..]
5 NOIDS
bellina alba
cornu-cervi alba
heiroglyphica alba
equestris alba
violacea alba
violacea "Malay"
violacea "Blue Berry"
I don't have a problem! :crazy:

Back