Favorite phalaenopsis?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weekend, I have the Cincinnati Orchid Society Fall Show and the Cincinnati Reef Society Frag Swap...I feel so torn. Do I get cheap orchids and expensive corals or cheap corals and expensive orchids??? Not to mention, I already spent my "online" money for the month on a shipment of living critters to raise and feed to the Mandarin goby.

Jon
________
Lamborghini gallardo specifications

Last edited:
Jon, the solution is simple. Buy a cheap gun and rob an expensive liquor store.

Orchids and coral grow better when they are purchased with stolen money. It's science.

john tetrapis c1??? hey if it ever keikis on you put me on the list! same thing with the pulchra :poke:

so how are getting these 2 by your wife? did you ask big leaf to send it unmarked?

I vote for expensive corals and cheap orchids - that is, unless you have one of those rare shows where the selection is better than online....

I love tetraspis but I'm not so keen on C1... but then I used to say that about slippers.....

Marco,

I don't even have to sneak them past her now. As long as the orchids never spill over four shelves. It really is an interesting compromise.

H. I am figuring out that if I pot two keiki phals in the same pot, I can free up some room without losing anything!

I love the plain old white tetraspis too. So I may end up with that one instead, if I find a nice one. C1 is a novelty item in my opinion. I wish I could read the article about it that appeared in one of those orchid magazines to understand exactly what it is.

PHRAG said:
H. I am figuring out that if I pot two keiki phals in the same pot, I can free up some room without losing anything!

thats what i did with the phals you sent me and two violacea coeruleas from oakhill...lol

I gave away my tetraspis when I moved from Chicago all these many years ago. And I want it back, darn it... *grin* Didn't realize how nice it was until I started seeing more of them. Now all I have left is a very nice framed photograph of it in my dining room.

I'm partial to french spots (very fine spots evenly distributed on a standard flower). Or some of the new harlequins with the dark blotches on white. Fewer blotches the better. I just think they are cool.

Well, I can't say it's my favorite, but I am partial to my hybrid I named after my Mom: Phal. Frances Potter. I learned a lot -- In order to name and register it, I had to try to track down the hybridizer of one of the parents because it wasn't named. If they wanted to register and name their hybrid, they had first chance. Otherwise, I could do it. The process took months -- almost a year, as I recall. But learning from Moms is what is supposed to happen, right???
Phal_CMusicXCIsles_XVioK.jpg

Phal_CMusicXCIsles_XVioK2.jpg

Phal schilleriana for sure. This is mine that won Best Phal in SHow this past spring. Phal schilleriana var purpurea.
schillspike22206.jpg

Latest posts

Back