Cattleya lueddemanniana alba ‘Genesis’ x self

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

monocotman

Reaction score
Excellent first bloom. It’s my favourite cattleya species. The best examples are exquisite. The coeruleas are particularly good as there were four superb wild clones found and they have since been bred together. The rubras are also amazing.
check out Armando Mantinelli’s website at orquiverde.com for some stunners!
David

PeteM

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent first bloom. It’s my favourite cattleya species. The best examples are exquisite. The coeruleas are particularly good as there were four superb wild clones found and they have since been bred together. The rubras are also amazing.
check out Armando Mantinelli’s website at orquiverde.com for some stunners!
David
It's quickly becoming a favorite and I have a few more seedling up and coming from this species. I only wish the flower count was more than 1 or 2, as DrLeslieEe pointed out in another post. I have to check out his website, thanks for including it.

monocotman

Reaction score
William, you are lucky living in the US, there are several vendors of lueddemanniana around. You can even buy the Arthur Chadwick clone from the source and choose between a mericlone or a division, depending on the depth of your pocket. Good luck,
David

PeteM

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! Got 5 rex flasks on the way...
Oh yes.. I have been keeping up with your YouTube channel. Very much looking forward to watching you get these flasks. please Put my name on the list for buying a few.. also interested in the blossfeldiana when you decide to raise some funds for the project, happy to support this effort.

tomp

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t find Cattleya species flasks...
The troy myeres conservatory is an interesting site.

They accept capsules and propagate. there are some very interesting flasks on their list. and a ton of information.

My Green Pets

Fuzzy bud
Reaction score
Yes I sent them a pod of C. rex last summer and there are several flasks of that still up for reservation requests if you are interested!

The troy myeres conservatory is an interesting site.

They accept capsules and propagate. there are some very interesting flasks on their list. and a ton of information.

My Green Pets

Fuzzy bud
Reaction score
I am very excited about the Blossfeldianas, let me tell you. Strong growers and so uncommon! Can't wait to get these blooming and make some sib crosses, if possible.

Oh yes.. I have been keeping up with your YouTube channel. Very much looking forward to watching you get these flasks. please Put my name on the list for buying a few.. also interested in the blossfeldiana when you decide to raise some funds for the project, happy to support this effort.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Really? 10? That just seems so...excessive...
Earliest rex blooms is 5 years. By 10 years, all will be blooming by then. That's the nature of big unifoliate species that is particularly hard to grow like rex.

Latest posts