Bulbophyllum echinolabium "golden gate" am aos awarded

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So beautiful... congrats with the well deserved award! :clap:

Just one question: I won a quite large plant of this species at a gathering in my local orchid society earlier this year... has not bloomed yet, but it's in my living room, and I wonder whether I'll be able to deal with the scent/smell, when it does? Or is its bad reputation with respect to the odour wildly exagerrated? (I sincerely hope so, as it's such a beaut'!)

Kind regards,
Jens

Eric and Jens made it sound like you got it awarded as your title may have been the cause....I doubt you got that awarded...maybe it was AM/AOS long time ago.
If it is recently awarded, I wonder WTF the judging center is.......

Edit, you didn't get it awarded and I found your not so old thread(posted in Sept.)

yet you and the title of this thread still make it sound like you got it awarded....what a piece of **** you are!

and certainly you didn't grow it to its potential if it is an AM clone from Tom P.

yet you and the title of this thread still make it sound like you got it awarded....what a piece of **** you are!

and certainly you didn't grow it to its potential if it is an AM clone from Tom P.

Omg!! This is great!!

It is an awarded division from tom perlitey, I never said I got it awarded, it is hard to grow and bloom, the guy I got it from who has a gazillion bulbo awards and couldn't bloom it, I did, so to me that is an accomplishment

It is an awarded division from tom perlitey, I never said I got it awarded, it is hard to grow and bloom, the guy I got it from who has a gazillion bulbo awards and couldn't bloom it, I did, so to me that is an accomplishment

First of all, it isn't difficult to grow or bloom this species, matter of fact, it is one of the easy ones to grow and bloom even under artificial light condition. That is from my very own experience with it. It has the most awful smell even for smelly Bulbos(while majority of the Bulbos don't smell too bad/no smell).....

Your title indicates you got it awarded and you never bother to correct that while Jens congrated you for the award.... when I first looked at the flower, I was surprised that the judges would award such a low quality flower...in reality, the judges will laugh right in front your face if you show up with one spike with a single low quality flower.....

BTW, it is Tom Perlite, owner of Golden Gate Orchids, one of the nicest guys in the orchid business.

and if you wonder, I can tell you I don't like people who post incorrect information on public forums or just lie(in more than one occasions) to make him/herself look good/get attentions..........

Did you show your family this thread and let them see what kind of phony you are?

I told you, I have all the time of the world! You want to reignite the fire after 3 weeks? Bring it!

I got into a little fender bender yesterday merging in traffic. I thought I had the right of way over the guy in the big truck, to the left and slightly behind me, when he hit me he said he didn't even see me. After chasing him down, and my initial shock and anger, I just said, "..forget it, I will try to be less aggressive, no worries, Happy Holidays."> There is a lesson here.

Latest posts

Back