you people and your paphs are gettin' on my nerves...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

limuhead

Well now you've done it. I joined this forum to chat and make some friends to help me out with something I have wanted to do for a long time; raise and breed phrags. I come in here, talk about what I had sent to me, post a few pics of my other stuff, and ask a few questions about phrags or fertilizer and you have to the nerve to post a bunch of pictures of your paphs! Well let me tell you, I have hundreds of really nice cattleya and dendrobiums species that I was perfectly happy with until I came in here. Oh I'll keep a few breeding plants sure, maybe a hundred, but thanks to you I'll be selling and trading a good portion of them to make room for paphs! I hope you're proud of yourselves! When the weather gets warm, you just wait and see what I have to trade... :drool::sob::rollhappy:

Of course we are proud.

We are Pouchpeople
We are Pouchpeople
We are Pouchpeople

We spread the word of the Pouch and try to convert the unbelievers!

If you like phrags, how could you not like paphs? I go back and forth. I buy paphs for a while then I buy phrags for a while. Love them all.

Well now you've done it. ...... Oh I'll keep a few breeding plants sure, maybe a hundred, but thanks to you I'll be selling and trading a good portion of them to make room for paphs! I hope you're proud of yourselves! When the weather gets warm, you just wait and see what I have to trade... :drool::sob::rollhappy:

JUST SAY NO! :rollhappy:

cattleyas and all have wonderful fragrances; those little pouch plants most usually have none (just saying) ;)

You are not alone, Fred! When I came here, I had a few slippers. But because of all the beautiful slipper photos posted here, I now have over 300!

Pretty funny, Mr. formerly not Paphiophile! Paphs are Back! Paphs are Back!
My slogan for those older orchid growers who still have the idea that paphs are passe!

While my origional interest was paphs, I of course had to try phrags. However, after about 30 years in the slipper hobby, I have come to prefer paphs over phrags, although I still love them. Reasons? 1. more species, more variety, leading to way more variety in hybrids. 2. Flowers last much longer. Granted, some parvi's like emersonii and vietnamense only last about 1-2 weeks (no experience with vietnamense, just what I heard), but most last at least 6 weeks, and some up to 12 weeks. 3. Most require less light than phrags. While besseae and schlimii do well in most paph level lighting, the hybrids and other species require more light. But, on the plus side for phrags, they are (on average) easier to grow and bloom, and much more tolerant of old media than paphs. Most paphs are repotted yearly. I repot my phrags every 2-3 years, and the ones I've neglected and repotted after 4-5 years are still fine and healthy.

Well now you've done it. I joined this forum to chat and make some friends to help me out with something I have wanted to do for a long time; raise and breed phrags. I come in here, talk about what I had sent to me, post a few pics of my other stuff, and ask a few questions about phrags or fertilizer and you have to the nerve to post a bunch of pictures of your paphs! Well let me tell you, I have hundreds of really nice cattleya and dendrobiums species that I was perfectly happy with until I came in here. Oh I'll keep a few breeding plants sure, maybe a hundred, but thanks to you I'll be selling and trading a good portion of them to make room for paphs! I hope you're proud of yourselves! When the weather gets warm, you just wait and see what I have to trade... :drool::sob::rollhappy:

Bring it on, Please!

Latest posts

Back