Hello 'Slipper Talk' enthusiasts! Here from Alberta, Canada

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 149187

Reaction score
I'm bad at introductions, so I asked AI to help me out... it's errrrr...interesting???:

I've just tiptoed into this fabulous garden of orchid-lovers, and I couldn't be more excited! My name's Dustin, and I come bearing a collection of beefy orchids that would make a steakhouse jealous. From paphiopedilums that strut their stuff to phragmipediums that flaunt their sass, my greenery has got it all.

When I'm not negotiating with my mexipediums or drafting peace treaties with my other orchids, you can find me blogging about my leafy adventures. And let's be honest, probably talking to my plants a little more than what's considered 'socially acceptable.'

I'm thrilled to join 'Slipper Talk,' a place where my plant chatter will finally be met with understanding nods rather than raised eyebrows. Can't wait to learn, share, and grow with all of you wonderful folks!

Here's to a blooming friendship – both with you all and my ever-demanding orchids!

All that aside, I'm mostly here to chat about breeding/hybridizing and bounce ideas around.

Welcome Dustin! I’ve heard about your popular blog and glad that you are here to share with us your orchid adventures.

I’m in Toronto, an AOS judge and president of the Canadian Orchid Congress who travel around the world looking for orchids to play with lol.

hey Dustin! glad to see you here
Not gonna lie - I signed up b/c of you :D - you've been sending me so many goodies over FB, I decided I might as well post here a bit too. maybe I can find out some answer to burning questions like "Are seedlings with serrated leaves no good?" hahah

Welcome Dustin! I’ve heard about your popular blog and glad that you are here to share with us your orchid adventures.

I’m in Toronto, an AOS judge and president of the Canadian Orchid Congress who travel around the world looking for orchids to play with lol.
Wow! That's awesome on all accounts. Great that you're the COC president - I look forward to chatting all things orchids with you on here :)

welcome! great blog btw.
Thanks Merc! Haven’t put much new content out in a while, but honestly…I kind of feel once you have the foundation, there’s not much else to know with a lot of these plants. Haha

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Hello! And welcome! I’ve actually been reading your blog for a few weeks now! So cool of you to join us. I love your blog posts about breeding and hybridizing! I’m kinda an orchid grower newbie (growing for about 3 years now).

But am extremely interested in genetics and inheritance in both plants and animals! I used to be a dog breeder/handler. I look forward to your posts here!

I’m ... an AOS judge...
OMG, Leslie... you graduated and are now a full-fledged AOS judge! What a rise through the ranks...into the higher echelons, where Angels fear to thread and we, mere mortals, hold our tongues in awefilled silence!

Congrats! When did this happen...and where is the booze?! 🥴

Latest posts

Back