Yellow circles

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these just discolored like little tan spots or are these raised bumps. Scale insects could be raised little bumps. If these are tiny indentations then under 10x magnification you may be able to see a tiny ‘pin prick’ in the center of the sunken area. These could be insect feeding marks.
Or they could be harmless areas or discoloration that mean nothing. Hard to say.
Do you maintain a regular program of disease or insect prevention or control?

Are these just discolored like little tan spots or are these raised bumps. Scale insects could be raised little bumps. If these are tiny indentations then under 10x magnification you may be able to see a tiny ‘pin prick’ in the center of the sunken area. These could be insect feeding marks.
Or they could be harmless areas or discoloration that mean nothing. Hard to say.
Do you maintain a regular program of disease or insect prevention or control?
They are smooth. Would a q tip with hydrogen pperoxide on it be good to just quickly run over the area, and then put water on it

I think that you might be jumping the gun a bit. It is so hard to grow a pristine orchid without little issues here and there. Fungal or bacterial soft rots would take hold and spread rapidly.
Other diseases in my experience never start out and stay so small. They start to spread and get bigger.
I don’t think it is a virus. That should be noticed on leaves or flowers first.
I would just watch all of your plants on a regular basis. And in doing that, not every spot or mark is serious.
Diligence is always a good idea.

watch them and see
Sound advice!

I wonder, by the way, if you sometimes watered or even worse sprayed the plant with cold water at a point when it was very hot or the plant was max heated up (that can sometimes explain spotwise miscolouration of leaves/growths - and is the reason why many growers tend to water/spray either early in the day or closer to sunset, when things have cooled down a wee bit!)

Latest posts

Back