Paphiopedilum Prince Edward of York

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well let me comment on what I see here. Congratulations! I like the flowers very much.
I see a nice, wide dorsal, the markings on which seem very crisp and clean. The petals seem pretty wide, especially near their bases or points of attachment.
I think that the color of the pouch is nice and dark as well.
The only negative, and I hate to call it such, is the inconsistency in the way the petals are at the tips. It might mean a slight deduction. The overall form looks pretty good from where I sit. Arrangement and spacing looks good too.
Keep it please!!!!

what is the actual parentage?
I think it holds a lot of promise - 4 flowers and nice tall spike.
Do you have a 'front on' photo of a single flower?
The parentage is Roth (Dark star) x Sanderianum (lady in red)

Attachments

• 20230429_093847.jpg
    20230429_093847.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
It’s beautiful, but I never would have guessed PEOY based on the way the petals cross and the squared off pouch. I would have guessed some gigantifolium and/or adductum in the background. Great color and strong crisp dorsal markings though!

It’s beautiful, but I never would have guessed PEOY based on the way the petals cross and the squared off pouch. I would have guessed some gigantifolium and/or adductum in the background. Great color and strong crisp dorsal markings though!

I agree. Looks to have gigantifolium in it to my eyes.

I would question the ID as well. To me it looks like a cross I also picked up from Sam which I have not bloomed but your flowers are what I'm expecting.

Attachments

• 20240104_041628.jpg
    20240104_041628.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back