Two andreettae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, just kovachii but my conditions and skills are pretty bad for this species... i've killed about 10 plants and have a few remaining.

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M mediante Tapatalk

Yes that is correct. I know that my diet would be extreme but it is working very well under my conditions for Phrags.

Wuxal Ca is a foliar fertilizer whith Ca and Magnesium; 0%P and 0%K

Total Nitrogen (N) 10.000%
Soluble Calcium (Ca) 10.700%
Soluble Magnesium (Mg) 1.200%
Soluble Boron (B) 0.050%
Chelated Copper (Cu) 0.040%
Chelated Iron (Fe) 0.050%
Soluble Manganese (Mn) 0.100%
Soluble Molybdenum (Mo) 0.001%
Chelated Zinc (Zn) 0.020%
The cationic micronutrients (iron, copper, manganese
and zinc) are fully chelated (EDTA).

I alternate this fertilizer for one week and K-lite the next one... always at about 50ppm of N and I do not use dolomite lime in the growing media for andreettae.

Sometimes I add diluted "dragon´s blood" (Croton sap) to prevent infections but I do not know the exact composition of this compound...

You might try dropping to 5-10ppm N rate.

My fisheri and kovachii are doing very well at this very dilute rate (also no dolomite added). But I have been adding back a bit more phosphate and sulfate. I took magox ("milk of magnesia") and neutralized it with phosphoric acid. Then added some epsom salts, and a dash of ferric sulfate.

I only add enough of this to boost P to 3-5 ppm.

I just got one of Tom's P vittatum seedlings and so far it's growing well on this too. (keep fingers crossed).

Hi Tom, my final TDS is about 300 ppm. My water is from the municipal source, and it comes at about 70 to 100 ppm. I do not know the mineral concentration of my source of water, sorry.

Latest posts

Back