Two andreettae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eteson

Phragmad
Reaction score
andreettae season is ending for me... but a few plants are still spiking.

nudegeqa.jpg

ga5ezure.jpg

zujy8a5e.jpg

Love the short floral stem in one of the clones and the good substance in the other so I made a cross of both.
Unfortunatelly twisted petals and cupping are quite common in this species.

Thanks for your comments.
It is very easy to cultivate andreettae under my conditions. I do not give them any special care and all my plants are growing very well and pest-free.
I think that the key factor for andreettae is temperature. Temperaturature oscillations are very low here (between 19 and 29°C or about 67 to 85F).

Tom, I have them in different growing media. Most part are in fine pine bark (0.5cm), I have others in medium bark 80% and sphagnum 20%, I have others in SH... all of them are doing fine. Some of my plants are always sitting in water but with others are not, but all of them are kept wet always.
I do not add nothing to the medium to increase pH.
I use a combination of K-lite and Wuxal Calcium as fertilizer at about 50ppm of N every watering.
Hope it helps.

Wuxal Ca is a foliar fertilizer whith Ca and Magnesium; 0%P and 0%K

Total Nitrogen (N) 10.000%
Soluble Calcium (Ca) 10.700%
Soluble Magnesium (Mg) 1.200%
Soluble Boron (B) 0.050%
Chelated Copper (Cu) 0.040%
Chelated Iron (Fe) 0.050%
Soluble Manganese (Mn) 0.100%
Soluble Molybdenum (Mo) 0.001%
Chelated Zinc (Zn) 0.020%
The cationic micronutrients (iron, copper, manganese
and zinc) are fully chelated (EDTA).

I alternate this fertilizer for one week and K-lite the next one... always at about 50ppm of N and I do not use dolomite lime in the growing media for andreettae.

Sometimes I add diluted "dragon´s blood" (Croton sap) to prevent infections but I do not know the exact composition of this compound...

These two look like improved versions of the originally discoveries.

These are divisions of wild collected plants from the south of Colombia. I got a few plants from a local collector from Cali and some of the plants have resulted exceptional. I´ve just started the improvement.:)

Back