Sunroom growing area

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the bin idea; carrying individual plants back and forth to the sink is a pain. I have most of mine on hard plastic trays, but I'm going to pick up a few of those bins like yours to consolidate some of the individuals.

Joanne, These bins are real handy. My DH drilled holes on the narrower sides to help with drainage. At the sink,the bins are tilted to drain into the sink when I water.(A small wood block works real well.) Much easier than taking them out of the bin at the sink and putting them back.
My hubby carries the heavy bins (like my monster catts)to the sink and back for me. Actually,I've been getting lots of help with watering since my back started acting up.

Whats the light source for the plants in the blue carpet racks?

Eric, the light source is the 3 sky lights, also the 5 big windows now give dappled afternoon light. Had to be careful watering here in the summer- had to hit it early in the morning, otherwise some of the plants(especially brachys) would get burn spots.

Dot- You are right!!

Joanne, These bins are real handy. My DH drilled holes on the narrower sides to help with drainage. At the sink,the bins are tilted to drain into the sink when I water.(A small wood block works real well.) Much easier than taking them out of the bin at the sink and putting them back....

Now that's a good idea...I currently take my trays to the sink, and then take each pot out, water it, and put it back on the tray....I will have to rethink that. Oh, hubby....!!! :D

Back