Growing Area

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Here’s my current set up. Very similar exposure to what I had in MA,, with a southeast bay window providing light, plus a big slider on the south/west side. I also have a southeast window in the guest room so that is supplemental for stuff I’m not as interested in looking at every day.

Kitchen window right now is getting down into the 50s at night and around 80 during the daytime. Try to keep it as humid as possible. My Fritz Schomburg is going to bloom soon so I’m hoping the color will be better this year. Bunch of houseplants mixed in…got me back into orchids but they have to be special to stick around at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_7767.jpeg
    IMG_7767.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7765.jpeg
    IMG_7765.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7766.jpeg
    IMG_7766.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I am so glad that I am almost no longer an addict.🤣
Right? I’m still not perfect but it’s also an aesthetic thing for me and I really don’t like clutter so…for plants right now it’s one in? One out! I bought something yesterday and now I’m trying to figure out where the heck it’s going to live…

I’m still not perfect but it’s also an aesthetic thing for me and I really don’t like clutter so
I understand that...and your growing area/display is beautiful.
I like the white pot collection too. Are they porcelain pots?

Last edited:
Right? I’m still not perfect but it’s also an aesthetic thing for me and I really don’t like clutter so…for plants right now it’s one in? One out! I bought something yesterday and now I’m trying to figure out where the heck it’s going to live…
I feel your pain as I’m having to do the same thing. It is fun to bless others with plants I don’t have room for, because often it’s giving up the good for the best when you have a small space.

Here’s my current set up. Very similar exposure to what I had in MA,, with a southeast bay window providing light, plus a big slider on the south/west side. I also have a southeast window in the guest room so that is supplemental for stuff I’m not as interested in looking at every day.

Kitchen window right now is getting down into the 50s at night and around 80 during the daytime. Try to keep it as humid as possible. My Fritz Schomburg is going to bloom soon so I’m hoping the color will be better this year. Bunch of houseplants mixed in…got me back into orchids but they have to be special to stick around at this point.
Lol that's adorable...let me know when you can no longer see your floor.
1713531309151329648661505907667.jpg

Latest posts

Back