Sunroom growing area

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool!!!!!!! I wonder where do all these plants go when you use the fireplace....:poke: :D:D:D

Pretty cool!!!!!!! I wonder where do all these plants go when you use the fireplace....:poke: :D:D:D

Good question! Most of the vandas with dangling spanish moss are recent purchases, and the mantle plants are overflow.Room is at a premium now that the ones that summered outdoors came back in. The floor orchids are big ones I received from generous local OS members. Addicted for sure!

Nice, so organized and so much room. Are those skylights?

Thank you!!
Yep, 3 skylights! The sunroom part of my growing area was supposed to stop before the fireplace, but that didn't happen as you can see from all the plants at the fireplace. You should have seen it when I had 8 sweater bins of Nicks Final Sale brachys in front of the fireplace on the floor. They got good light,and we have a great ceiling fan that runs at med/high all the time.Thank goodness my family is so tolerant.

Diane, so where are all of the paphs. that you got from Nick's final sale? Did you sell the majority of them?

Bob, Nick's plants are on shelves another room now. Sold or traded about 1/2 of the larger sized ones.
Will play more with imageshack and post more of my growing areas after I take pics with the new camera-hopefully pics next time and not just links!:)

Thank you Susan! Now you see where some of your trades call home now.

Looks like a great growing room. To put a direct link you just need to add image tags to the link like this... but be sure to make sure you click on the direct link button at imageshack as it's a different link
in this case http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2371/1000140x.jpg

1000140x.jpg

Scratched a bald spot on my head over the imageshack, upload thing.
Lovely room! Nice collection too.

On the shelving in front of glass, are the clear plastic tubs just for the water runoff or to keep the pots from heating up?
Thank you.

Nice !!! :clap::clap: will the vandas have a different location? I'm curious as to how they will do - they us posted!

Thanks!
The plastic bins help with keeping the pots cool,catching water drops, and for carrying plants to water and back.
The vandas are a handful now that they are back in the house. I let them drain a bit before putting back up.

Here's the other side of the sunroom. And, well, you can see my orchid baby bins in the hall.

1000217m.jpg

I like the bin idea; carrying individual plants back and forth to the sink is a pain. I have most of mine on hard plastic trays, but I'm going to pick up a few of those bins like yours to consolidate some of the individuals.

Diane, your family's tolerrance is the best thing!!!! You have done great work that resulted in neat grow area...!!!!!! :)

Latest posts

Back