Quantcast

rothschildianum 'Charles Edwards'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Tony

Reaction score
I got it from a reputable source, Dale at Austin Creek. I was surprised to find a sheath on such a small growth, especially given it's reputation as a reluctant bloomer.

Justin

Reaction score
Yep. I think that is who I got my division from in 2012. I will post some photos in a few.

Justin

Reaction score
Here is my plant, bought in spike in 2012. It hasn't re-bloomed since then, but is now in 3 pots :)

Also included some reference photos. This clone has a distinctive u-shaped leaf habit.

Tony

Reaction score
That's too bad yours hasn't bloomed again, I hope mine isn't a one and done.

Justin

Reaction score
Tony keep us posted on how the second flower turns out.

Great special plant for sure.

Tony

Reaction score
Will do. The first is looking better, the petals flexed back and forth a couple of times before they really settled into position. I'll get good pics when the second is open and all stretched out.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Nice to see such 'authentic' plant and great to know it respectively its divisions are still 'alive and kicking'. Well done.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
A little piece of history here. CE was very important in the background of many of the fabulous roths we have today. It is a wild collected plant, so it's genes will be important to 'reinfuse' to future generations of roths to continue vigor and 'wild adaptability'.

spujr

Reaction score
Anyone know the history of this particular plant, ie, who was/is Charles Edward?

While a student at UH Manoa I had the pleasure of meeting Henrietta Fujiwara who gave the University her collection of paphs, several plants of 'Charles' and 'Rex' were in the mix. I hope the collection is still being maintained by the university, money is always in short supply.

Latest posts