Roth flasks from TON

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no offense, but you write a lot and we don't see a lot! just like Xavier, lot of references and knowledge for sure, but always promissing things, talking about all they have, but we saw nothing...5 pictures in 2015 (including a "just ok" roth), and 3 in 2014, and no roth...but many internet pictures and speculations. :poke:
It's time to show us your benches, right?;) or let me know who you are.
thx

You're a funny guy.:rollhappy:

IMG_6866.jpg

I'm a gentleman, I don't waste time taking pics of every orchid that blooms to post on the internet. Instead I make a roth bouquet for the lady. Two are Perfection x Tarantula. See if you can pic them Ronan and Fabrice.

I agree, Ronan is a funny guy. :p

But when I look at your last picture, I think he's not alone...

What I don't understand, you take your precious time to take in picture some roths what are not exceptional. But you keep for you the best blooms. I don't understand the logic, that's all.

But you're a free gentleman... :rolleyes:

I agree, Ronan is a funny guy. :p

But when I look at your last picture, I think he's not alone...

What I don't understand, you take your precious time to take in picture some roths what are not exceptional. But you keep for you the best blooms. I don't understand the logic, that's all.

But you're a free gentleman... :rolleyes:

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

I am relatively free, at least for now.

I take pics when I'm in the mood. I'm excited by seeing the first of a new cross. I'm not too busy that week with work. I'm going to sell it. The plant bloomed to expectation. When , time is on my side. Pictures of orchids to post are low on my list of priorities.

that is clearly the winner out of the group. what's the flower at the very top? with the dark pouch it looks like it could be an OZ red baron cross.

that is clearly the winner out of the group. what's the flower at the very top? with the dark pouch it looks like it could be an OZ red baron cross.

I have no idea. Prob have over 500 oz roths so it is possible. I think most of them were first blooms from new ton crosses. I clearly remember the one with dark petals as it was one of the best on such a small plant. Hence I cut it so it can bloom to potential hopefully next year.

I like a lot the middle flower with dorsal "flame".

And of course, the 1st one color petals is very interesting.

WOW. A bouquet of roths. The Tarantula cross clone is wonderful. Great colour.

It would be nice if you took a good photo of your 'Tarantula' clone when it is well flowered. All the photos I have seen on the internet are terrible making it hard to judge.

You say 'Tarantula' and 'Tokyo Fantasy' are by far the best clones. Have you crossed these two or are planning to?

Im not crazy about either cross compared to other TON roth crosses. Depends on your taste. I think that the tokyo fantasy cross with rex will probably make really nice roths but they will have yellow. If that doesn't bother you go for it. The tarantula cross will be nice too I just don't think it has much chance of passing tarantula with regression toward the mean plus going back to a parent. The general quality of the cross will likely be raised though.

That's what I figured, the average will be better, but tarantula is going to be very difficult to surpass

Here we can find a "better" picture of Tarantula.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/widehill01/3026653.html

About this wonderful clone, is Machan bloomed it with more 4 flowers? If not, it's maybe one way to progress and to create a Super Tarantula with 5 to 6 flowers.

Now necessary to find a 6 very good flowers roth and there are not a lot. (In fact, I have just one in my mind)

About this wonderful clone, is Machan bloomed it with more 4 flowers? If not, it's maybe one way to progress and to create a Super Tarantula with 5 to 6 flowers.

Now necessary to find a 6 very good flowers roth and there are not a lot. (In fact, I have just one in my mind)

Two years ago Machan offered flasks of 'Knights sunshine' x 'tarantula'. Knights sunshine is known to flower with 6 flowers

Thanks Fabrice. That is a nicer photo than I have seen previously. There are photos from that show but they don't have the same punch.

'Tarantula' is pretty amazing, but based purely on photos I still prefer 'Tokyo Fantasy'. The colour is so incredible and unique. That is a very distinctive roth. Maybe if I saw them in person I would have a different opinion as size doesn't translate to photos.

http://www.tokyoorchidnursery.com/2012/12/13/paph-rothschildianum-tokyo-fantasy-gm-eoc/

Tarantula has flowered with 5 flowers.

IMG_6866.jpg

I'm a gentleman, I don't waste time taking pics of every orchid that blooms to post on the internet. Instead I make a roth bouquet for the lady. Two are Perfection x Tarantula. See if you can pic them Ronan and Fabrice.

That may be the world's most expensive bouquet.

Of course not! No value in it! Just a special bouquet of love for the "frenchies"! :smitten:

Latest posts

Back