Regular roths

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for your comments. The first bloom measures 24.5cm across. It is a first flowering seedling, it is '266'x'J' . Odd set of clonal names, so I don't think it is from very sought after breeding, but I am happy with the way it has turned out for a first flowering on a small plant as well. The 'mini-me' roths unfortunately is not in flower at the moment as I pulled the bloom off to get the pollen, but it has another flower still to open, so I will place them side by side when it does open.
Angela, the regular description is a reference to the previous 'roth' which I posted, my mini-me wild clone. Having said that, it is also a regular roths, acceptable, but by no means a stunner.

I have a couple of large seedlings with '266' as a parent although not crossed with 'J'. I believe '266' can have 6 flowers to a spike so hopefully you will get a good flower count when the plant matures. This is Taiwanese breeding (Sunlight Orchids).

'266' should refer to the cross 'MM'x'Val' (or reverse) made by the Tokyo Orchid nursery; your pod parent should be a seedling from that cross. No idea what 'J' is.
Very nice roth, I like the wide petals.

Latest posts

Back